A Trap

Charlie strolled onto the bridge, her Kiryu Force branded jacket held loosely in her hand. Currently the Gotengo scanning the Earth for anything unusual, they were also monitoring the awakened titans. Unfortunately this was a lengthy process so they didn't have much to do other than sit around and wait.

"Charlie I'm picking up a Eltaran distress beacon on Earth", Grace announced.

"That's impossible", Charlie replied. On the main screen Billy had pulled up a map showing the beacon's current location. It was in a place called gold Lake just outside Turtle Cove.

"How far away is that from our present location?" Charlie asked.

"Approximately 72 miles in a south westerly direction", Billy replied.

Charlie snorted with laughter, only a computer would consider that statement an approximation. Still 72 miles wasn't that far away. "Ok, load the co-ordinates, I'm going to check it out".

"Do you want me to alert the other rangers?" Grace asked.

The green ranger though about this for a moment, they were a team now so really she should tell them. But it was only a simple recognisance missions, she had done them loads of time before she met the others, "No need, I won't be gone long", she replied before leaving the bridge and prepared to leave.

Gold Lake,

Something didn't look right. She could make out the remains of an old railroad line that passed through the middle of the settlement. She had been observing the town for the last few minutes but she hadn't seen any signs of life, "Billy are you sure this is the place?"

"Affirmative", Billy replied. Walking through the main road through the town it became obvious that the place was deserted and it had been for some time. The properties were in a poor state of repair and a few had even collapsed. Dust from the nearby desert covered every exposed surface. "Hello, anyone here", Charlie called out but she didn't get a response.

She came across an abandoned gas station, the windows of the attached store had been boarded up but there was a gap large enough to fit her hand through. Spying an old newspaper inside the store, Charlie reached inside and pulled it out. "GoldTurtle Times", she read out loud before looking at the date, "Monday February 5 1940, that can't be right". She looked around the town again and realised the decay all around her was consistent for somewhere that had been abandoned for nearly sixty years. "So where did that signal come from?" She muttered.

"Haven't you figured it out yet green ranger", a voice called out. Charlie dropped the paper and spun around only to come face to face with Fury, "you've walked right into my trap". Charlie was frustrated with herself for falling for her trick, "You know as well as I do that Zordon is long gone".

"What do you want?" Charllie shouted, summoning her Dragon Dagger in preparation for battle.

"Power Rangers humiliated me", Fury began, "what I seek is vengeance for that defeat".

"So your coming after me?" Charlie pulled her dagger back into a defensive position as Fury charged towards her. The monsters sword slammed into Charlie's dagger staggering the green ranger. She rolled out the way of another attack and sliced Fury on the back of the legs. The creature roared in pain but there was no physical damage on his body. The two enemies sized each other up again like a predator ready to strike. Simultaneously they swung their weapons and they clashed with a resounding clang. The force of the blow pushed them away from each other.

"You've been training green ranger", Fury said in a tone that almost sounded like respectful.

"We all need a hobby" Charlie spat back. She charged at Fury and slashed him across the chest. The monster recoiled but responded with a blow of his own, catching the green ranger on the lower abdomen. Charlie staggered away giving Fury the opening he was looking for. He fired off a laser blast from his eyes, knocking the green ranger into the side of the store.

"You're still no match for me", Fury taunted, "a bit like the rest of your planet". Charlie sprang to her feet. Her arms were a blur as she attacked Fury furiously. The monster struggled to keep up with the green ranger but he was successfully repelling all of blows that were raining down on him. Charlie lifted her dagger high over her head, giving Fury an opening. He punched the green ranger in the stomach and followed that up with three vicious blows across the chest with his sword. Charlie flew into the air and crashed to the ground in the middle of the abandoned road.

Charlie tried to get to her feet but she fell back to ground, exhausted and beaten, "Damn you".

Fury kicked Charlie in the ribs and rolled her over onto her back, arrogantly pinning her in place with his foot, "Any last words?"

The green ranger didn't get a chance to reply as a burst of laser fire slammed into the garage, reducing it to a pile of splintered wood. The force of the explosion blew Fury across the street and into a dilapidated house. Charlie looked up and saw the Gotengo hovering overhead, "Sorry about that, my aim was a bit off", she recognised the voice as Tyler's, she laughed, wincing in pain from her injured ribs.

Flashed of coloured light appeared around her as the other rangers teleported down from the ship, "We need to stop saving you like this", Sasha joked.

"Can you stand", Tyler added and extended his hand. Charlie groaned in pain but she was able to grab hold of the former rangers gloved hand and drag herself back to her feet. Over the other side of the street Fury had gotten back to his feet, shaking off dust and sand from his body.

"Let's take him down", Charlie said, "together". She retrieved her dagger, they combined the dagger and Saba " Let's can this bitch" she called as the others gathered around her. They slashed a blast of energy at Fury which struck him in the chest. Fury looked down at the hole in his chest before he fell to the ground. As the others celebrated, Charlie fell to her knees in pain.

"Come on let's get him back to the ship", Kori said as she took hold of Charlie's arm, they teleported back on board before leaving in the ship.

Meanwhile on Skull Island, Drakkon approached Gigan before stopping next to his body, "Oh Gigan", he sighed, "I told you that this would end in failure". Drakkon grabbed his Saba and Dagger, white and green lightning struck Gigan as familiar robot pieces formed over Gigan fusing the fallen Titan and Megazord into one.

Gotengo

The Gotengo had safely gotten back out to sea and the rangers were waiting patiently for Charlie to finish patching herself up. After an hour she walked back onto the bridge, struggling to put her jacket back on due to her damaged ribs,

"Here let me help you with that", Tyler said as he assisted the red ranger.

"Thanks", she replied before addressing everyone, "I'm sorry I shouldn't have gone by myself".

"There is no i in team" Sasha said, The rangers hugged Charlie, only for her to wince in pain at their touch. They all backed away and apologised, "At least pain in our ass Ariel isn't here", Tyler said.