Tribute

( hi guys I'm transferring this over from another site and I wrote this a few months ago ) 

It was an unseasonably warm day, even residents in the southern half of California were reluctant to step outside into the baking sun. One brave soul was ignoring the oppressive heat though. She disliked the sun too but not for the same reasons as everyone else. The blonde haired woman couldn't believe that the sun had the gall to shine, not after everything that had occurred and what was happening today. The woman carefully stepped through the gates to the Cemetery.

A small group gathered in the private section cemetery. The group consisted of Jason and Zack each wearing black suits and sun glasses. Chloe Ashford wore a white blouse with a black collar and a black skirt with her hair half up. Charlie Matthews wore a belted black pinstripe blouse and a simple pair of black slacks and black sun glasses while Kori wore an outfit almost identical to Lauren's the shirts collar and style of the skirt being the only differences. Jessi Parks and Angela both wore simple black dresses while Taylor wore traditional military funeral uniform. The former pink rangers Kimberly Hart, Katherine Hillard, Cassie Chan, Karone and Jenn Scott. Former blue rangers Tori Hanson, Rocky DeSantos, Theodore "T J" Johnson, Justin Stewart, Madison Roca, and Billy also were there to show respect for fallen comrade who shared the same color as they once all did The women all wore black dress suits with royal blue blouses while the men wore black suits with royal blue shirts. While people wearing Mmpr green, mmpr White, Turbo red and Dino Thunder black acted as Paul barriers

After the casket was in place and the other former rangers sat down Billy remained standing in front of the casket. "Today we are gathered to bid farewell and to pay tribute to Dr Thomas James Oliver or as everyone knew him best Tommy By circumstance and friendship I became one of his closest friends. But unlike us who grew into or fates as rangers and were chosen because of certain qualities we showed. They were born to carry the mantel and to be heroes. And Tommy truly lived up to the calling. Jason Lee Scott would like to say a few words," Billy said before taking his seat and allowing Jason to come up and speak.

"Tommy was more than just our brother and teammate he was our heart beat. He was always there when we needed him. I'm sorry ... he more than lived up to that by not only giving his life for the ones he loved but for all of us here and billions more. And for that you will never be forgotten in our minds and our hearts. You were taken from us too soon but you died fighting for what truly believed in. Tommy would always tell me that I the courage of a lion and the heart of a tiger. If that's true... then Tommy you... you have the courage of gods and the heart of a giant. And for that I always love you and miss you my dear brother we all will," Jason said his tears no longer being hidden by his sunglasses.

Sasha Hart Oliver slowly began to meander down the gravel path towards her destination. She blocked out the sound of crunching gravel underneath her plimsolls, too lost in thought to be distracted by something as mundane as her own footsteps. Turning right at an intersection, Sasha found the spot she had been looking for. The daughter of the green ranger and pink ranger watched the service as she slowly approached.

A wave of guilt washed over her, it wasn't really her fault. She wasn't sure if the tear forming in her eye was due to that reason or something else. It was sad that someone so young had been put to rest, Sasha sniffed and wiped her eyes.

After Jason delivered his eulogy Levi walked up with his guitar as he took his seat and Levi began to play Legends are made by Sam Tinnesz. As he played one by one each of the former rangers placed a single rose on the casket as it was lowered into the ground as it was lowered the SPD B Sqaud and TimeForce along with Carter Saluted. After the casket was lowered Adam and Billy placed bouquet of green, white, red and black orchids into the grave. Jason placed the master morpher into the grave. Kim walked to the edge of the her eyes very red and puffy from crying holding the picture taken of them over the years. She took one last look at the picture and traced Tommy's  smile before ripping it in half. Levi finished playing as Connor, Ethan, Kira and Trent walked to edge of the grave. Kira removed the black dino gem bracelet from her right wrist and let it fall. Kira the fell into her friends arms crying as they walked away.

Kat was the last to walk to the edge of the open grave. She had no flowers or farewell tokens for her fallen lover. She simply cried and let the tears fall into the grave and said, "I promised you I'd keep fighting and I will even if it means my life." Kat then turned and headed over to Sasha .

A heavy silence fell over the cemetery at Sasha's words. Another thought flashed across her mind, causing her to pull her cell phone from the pocket of her denim shorts. Sasha suddenly became emboldened. " My lady?" Kat asked, "is everything alright?"

"Yeah, coronation time", she replied quietly. Sasha then stood up so quickly that it startled Kat, "I've just had an epiphany", she stated boldly, "but I need your help".

"Whatever you need madam President" Kat stated, flashing her first genuine smile.

The next fifteen minutes drifted as Sasha headed back to Hexigon Tower In the centre of Night City. Tommy's choice of property had confused her in the beginning, although it soon became clear that it had been constructed especially much to the annoyance of Arasaka.

Wiping her damp eyes, Sasha stepped inside the tower and she reached the elevator when she heard someone approach . The blonde froze before answering with a quiet tone, "Sorry I'm late was visiting my parents "

"Its ok ms President", The Vice President replied but his hesitant tone told its own story.

"Yes it is", Kat's voice cracked with emotion, the people began to speak oh whispers as Sasha stepped into the board room.

Sasha walked towards the head of the table, the VP and Kat walked behind her. Sasha was trying to hide her tears, as she was remembering her Father being the President all those years and now it was her turn.

"Our chosen daughter" the VP began, "With blessed power of a dragon, Northern glory, our golden sister, The heir to the tiger of old"

Sasha sat down on the chair,

" I present to you your new President , President Sasha Hart Oliver of Hexigon" the VP said.

Sasha smiled as people clapped and said words of praise, she had much work ahead of her. Unknown to her things were going to get very busy and hectic.