Corporate Stooge Cole

The Rangers, Merrick, Zen, Alyssa, Taylor and Billy were at a dirt track. Taylor sat in the dirt and drew a few patterns in the earth with her fingers, showing no interest in the race going on, "Talk about bad timing" she said without looking up.

"Just be ready to apologise in return", Alyssa added. She suddenly spotted someone in the crowd and her face immediately fell, "Guys, we might want to get out of here".

"Why is it Lothor?" Charlie was suddenly on high alert.

Taylor groaned when she spotted the same man, "Worse, it's our fearless team leader and his bumbling sidekicks", she tried to find a clear path through the crowd, "quickly, I don't want to have to deal with those morons today".

"I didn't realise you hated them that much", Bulk stated as he followed the Yellow Wild Force ranger through the crowd.

"Hate's a strong word", Taylor replied, "we just have a difference of opinions on pretty much everything".

"Taylor you disagree with everyone, even your own boyfriend", Alyssa chuckled and brought the convoy to a halt, "we can't run away from them forever. Maybe we should hear what they've got to say", Taylor grunted something but reluctantly nodded in agreement.

The group of ranger's changed direction and instead began moving towards the location of Cole, Max and Danny. Eventually they caught Cole's eye and he directed them towards a quiet part of the circuit away from the spectators. There was an uncomfortable silence between the two different factions. Cole tried his best to look stern but it wasn't really working. Alyssa bit her lips as the silence continued and Taylor stood there with her arms folded and glared at the Red Wild Force Ranger. "Alyssa, Merrick,Taylor", Cole stated, "been a while", he then turned his attention to Rocky, "the Board aren't too pleased that this has been kept from them".

"They have a television don't they", Taylor snorted, "every news station has covered what's happened in the area, it's hardly been a secret".

"You know what I mean", Cole countered, "this is not following established protocols. Before making contact with other team, you must get approval from the Board of Directors".

"Look at you jungle boy, Hexagon's own little guard dog", Taylor began, "not quite a big dog though, you've got that annoying small dog yapping sound going on". She then pointed to Max and Danny, "Talking of annoying little animals", she snorted. Cole turned bright red but didn't respond to the criticism, "I bet you get on your knees, wait for them to drop their pants and s-".

"Taylor, stop", Alyssa hissed and to everyone's surprise, the yellow ranger did as she was asked, "if you must know the Princess is fully aware of everything".

"Hello by the way", Charlie waived, closed followed by a sheepish wave from Sasha and Skull, "look why don't we take this somewhere a little quieter".

Cole thought about this for a few moments before stating, "Fine, lead the way". The Rangers led the way out of the track but not before Taylor made an obscene gesture behind Cole's back. Alyssa slapped the yellow ranger's hand down and gave her a non verbal warning to behave herself.

Billy observed the rangers and noticed how they still stood in their own little groups. The Kiryu Rangers were on one side with a grumpy looking Alyssa and Taylor. three remaining Wild Force Rangers were on the other side, Merrick and Zen stood off on their own, the original blue rangers sighed, the Rangers were a little more united than they were a few weeks ago but they still had a long way to go.

The old man turned was dragged out of his thoughts by Zen and Merrick, "I've got some good news, We located the other Org egg".

"Really?" Charlie began, "I Lothor would have it on his space ship by now".

Merrick was about to speak but Cole cut in front of him, "Orgs are linked to the Earth", he stated, "they wouldn't have access to their power base if they were kept up in space".

"Good, awesome so where is it", Sasha asked, "and please don't say the abandoned quarry".

"Not this time", Zen chuckled, "it's at the top of Blueridge Point".

"Probably the best position to infect the Earth", Merrick added, "it's well protected by Putrids and is probably under observation by Lothor somehow".

"Alright so what are we waiting for", Taylor pushed herself off the wall and proceeded towards the exit.

"We need to call this in", Max protested.

"This can't wait for a committee meeting", Charlie began, "if we strike now then Lothor will be caught by surprise".

"Do I have to remind you that you're all under a Hexagon contract", Cole barked, "this insurrection won't go unnoticed".

"We're not under contract with Hexagon", Sasha said to the Kiryu, "we'll try and save you something for when your little focus group is done". Two of the Rangers turned around and jogged towards the exit.

Cole gaped at the rangers in disbelief, "Come back here, we need authorisation to engage".

"What happened to you Cole?" Alyssa sighed, "you used to believe in justice and protecting the Earth at any cost. Now look at you, a corporate stooge without a soul", she didn't look back and marched up the stairs in pursuit of the Rangers.

"Ouch and people say that I'm harsh", Taylor chuckled, she too left With Merrick and Zen in close proximity.

Billy turned away from the loyal Hexagon trio, not able to contain his smirk any longer. He took a seat behind the super computer to keep track of the Org Egg, "Well, are you going to join them?" he said to them.

"This isn't cool Billy", Max said, his anger bubbling away underneath the surface.

"No, this is called being a Power Ranger", Billy replied, "what's more important to you, some employee handbook or the rest of your team?" He looked back at the iPad with him and saw that the others were closing in on the Egg, "Choose quickly because they're nearly at the Egg".

There was an audible groan from Cole, "I'm only going because I've been authorised to engaged but rest assured, Spader and the others will hear about this".

Billy quickly spun around in the chair, "Tell him to do his worst", he spat, "I spent years working my ass off for them with no gratitude. Answer me this Cole, did you follow some handbook or rules of engagement when you charged into Serpenterra?" The Red Wild Force Ranger was silent, "That's what a ranger should be and it's taken me all this time to finally realise that". He turned back around to face the computer, "I'll take full responsibility for the others,", he added.

Cole didn't say anything and after a few moments he and the other two ran up the stairs to catch up with the others.

Billy turned to see Bulk and Skull were still there, " Shouldn't you be out there helping?" He asked, Bulk sighed, " It's been fun but if rangers are like those three " he held his morpher out to Billy, " Then I don't want to be one " Bulk continued, " Me either" Skull said also holding out his morpher.

" Can't blame you two" Billy said, he took their morphers, " Thank you for your service guys "

Bulk and Skull nodded before leaving.