Like sands through a psycho glass

The monotonous hum of an engine greeted Ariel when she opened her eyes. Stretching out in front of her was the grey expanse of a road way with no clear indication of her current location. She peered at the dash to check the time and was slightly surprised that she had been sleeping for several hours. The lack of sleep the previous night coupled with the various battle and the events with SPD must've taken more out of her than she originally thought.

The yellow ranger stretched her back just as she heard a voice to her right, "Afternoon sleepy head", Nokrea gently teased her, "Photon told me to take over at the wheel, he couldn't stand your snoring apparently".

"I don't snore", Ariel replied defensively, drawing a small smirk from her partner. Warm feelings of their earlier kiss came flooding back along with their declaration of love for each other. The Yellow ranger slid her personal cell phone out of her pocket. Upon seeing the display she let out a low whistle, "Jesus Christ that's a lot of missed calls".

"Yeah I had to switch it to silent after a while", Nokrea stated, "the ringing was disturbing Virgil's sleep". She leaned over as much as the seat beat would allow, "You don't want to see her cranky, trust me".

Ariel pushed aside her feelings of discomfort at having her phone swiped away in her sleep and began to check through the call logs, "Knowing Captain Crazy he's probably found a way to track your cell", Nokrea shrugged. Ariel's head whipped over towards the pink psycho ranger quickly, "Don't worry, where we're going it won't matter if SPD can track us", the brunette added quickly.

"Where are we going?" Ariel asked, they had been on the road for several hours so they could be anywhere by now. Instead of responding verbally Nokrea merely pointed at a sign on the freeway. Ariel peered carefully at the approaching metal sign, "X vault?" she gasped, "what the hell's is X vault?"

Before Nokrea could answer further Ariel's cell began to vibrate in her hand. She took one look down and noticed that it was Sky calling, "Probably should answer that, reassure them that I'm not doing unspeakable things to you", Nokrea stated with a small smile.

"Plenty of time for that", Ariel responded but immediately cringed at her words. Nokrea though merely laughed at the yellow ranger's embarrassment, "I'm literally the worst flirt in the world", she grumbled under her breath. To stave off any further humiliating words Yellow quickly pushed the answer icon on her phone, "Hello", she answered brightly.

"Ariel?" came Sky's slightly manic sounding voice through the handset, "Who the fuck are you? You have a lot of explaining to do".

Guilt filled the yellow ranger, running off moments after battling the Psycho rangers probably wasn't the best idea, especially as she revealed she was one of them, "I'm sorry", those were the only words that came to mind.

"Sorry, you're sorry", Syd shrieked so loudly that Ariel had to hold her phone away from her ear, "You just revealed your Psycho fucking Yellow and all you have to say is sorry".

"Well it is the hardest word to say", Nokrea chipped in with a sarcastic comment, drawing the ire of the yellow ranger.

"Is that psycho Pink?" Ariel gave up all pretence of a private conversation and switched the phone onto speaker, "if I ever get my hands on you, I'll pound that smug little face of yours into mince meat".

"Easy there Pinky before all your toys come flying out the pram", Nokrea snorted, "Ariel is perfectly safe"

"Do you live to piss people off?" Ariel snorted, "like they're going to believe that".

"Aww is this our first fight", Nokrea chuckled and half poked her tongue out her mouth. Ariel shot her an angry look, distinctly unimpressed with the red ranger's behaviour. Nokrea had the good sense to look ashamed and switched to a more serious tone, "Look SPD I'm sure your tracking our every movement". There was silence from the other end which confirmed Nokrea's theory, "If that makes you feel better we're the fucking Psycho rangers!"