Kumonga

A month had passed since the battle for San Francisco and things were strangely calm.

Inside the warehouse Mei slowly backed away from Destra and Gouche. The Don was glaring angrily at the body at his feet whilst Destra carefully observed the twenty or so women in front of him. The Otaki member had to buy some time, surely her team mates must've heard the gunshot from their position. Knowing Yun he would leading the charge through the door within a couple of minutes. That might be too long to save the women though, the Scorpion Cartel didn't strike her as patient people.

She drew level with Sasha and moved her head as close as she dared, "Something to share ladies", Destra asked them with a smooth voice, "maybe we should give you both a thorough searching. Maybe your employers at SPD are listening to this conversation", he added with venom.

Mei was about to step forward but she noticed that Sasha was slowly brushing her hair away from her ear. It was then she noticed something inside the brunette's ear, a small flesh coloured earpiece. That wasn't the only surprising thing, it looked exactly the same as the one's the government issued. Suddenly Sasha's face steeled into a mask of determination, "Guess im found out", she hissed with a steely tone.

Mei didn't offer much of a response, she was too surprised to learn that Sasha was SPD. She watched as the brunette slowly stepped forward, her heels clicking on the cold stone floor, "Well well", Destra flashed a predatory smile, "who do we have here? Perhaps you would so kind to identify yourself girly".

Sasha glared at the crime boss casually, "Sasha Hart Oliver of the Kiryu Force", she flashed a smile at the man, "Your going to wish i was SPD".

Mei stared at the brunette in disbelief. She had heard stories of the Dragonzord and rumours of it defeating Kaiju across the world, they were in the battle of San Francisco and now one of them was standing in front of her.

The Cartel and their pordermen weren't so impressed with Sasha, "You've got guts girl", Destra scoffed, "but there's only one of you and lots of us".

"Two of us", Mei moved to stand beside Sasha, "Mei, Otaki Factory".

A second gunshot from Destra, this one aimed at the roof stopped their conversation, "So there are two of you, we've still got you outnumbered".

"Oh but we're no ordinary Women", Sasha smirked.

Mei noticed something flash across a window at the far end of the warehouse, something was coming. A fraction of a second later the main door area was destroyed by Dragonzord tackling Kumonga. Mei watched the mech as a pair of gloved hands pulled her back to her feet and a quick glance at the white hair told her it was Yun, Mei was about to put that question to Yun but he must've read her thought, "You were in trouble, I couldn't stay away", he said firmly.

"Give it up", Sasha  bellowed over the noise, "there's no escape from here".

"I don't need to escape from here", Destra shot back, "I have friends in high places ranger, I'll be out of here and you know it".

With the rear of the warehouse cleared out, only Destra remained standing. The eldest Cartel generals ducked behind a stack of barrels and started spraying his weapon in the direction of the Guards, "Damn it we can't get a clean shot", Charlie cursed, the dragonzord rammed its drill tail through Kumonga, who in turn collasped, causing Destra to roll out of the way losing his blaster in the process.

"Fuck", Destra bellowed, "you will pay for this", he spat viciously. Sasha stood with a blaster pointed at his head, "Even you would stand in my way?" he said to Alex.

"Why wouldn't I?" Sasha asked in confusion, "I'm a Kiryu Force member"

Destra chuckled darkly, "You know, your parents could get you where you belong. You shouldn't be taking orders from people like this, you're a Oliver, Drakkon's kid so start acting like it".

Sasha's arm began to waiver and Mei wondered what was going through her mind. Suddenly Sasha grabbed Destra, her eyes blazing with hatred, "I'm not Drakkon's kid I'm Tommy's daughter"  she hissed dangerously.

"Really' Destra smirked, "Sasha", he continued, "are you so sure about that?".

Sasha's finger twitched on the trigger, with the barrel pointed directly at his skull even a stun blast could be fatal. Sensing her partner needed help, Charlie grasped Sasha by her free arm, "Don't, he's just trying to get to you".

"It's working", Destra's smile twisted into a malevolent grin, "would your family approve of you being a ranger?" He looked at Charlie, " You won't get  your freedom again"

"They didn't buy me out of prison", Charlie shouted, her voice reverberating off the walls, "they've done nothing for me since the day I left home".

"Are you so sure about that?" the head of the Cartel taunted appearing behind Destra. "disowned you might've been but you still carry the family name. Your parents wouldn't want a Collins that was a disappointment to that name".

Doubt was creeping into Sasha's mind, Charlie could see that written over her face. Fortunately she was saved from further torment by Alpha 1 firing and stunning both Cartel member, "It wasn't all true Sasha, that stuff the Cartel said".

"But some of it was", Sasha replied with a deflated voice, "has everything taunt aimed in my direction been true".

"Maybe this isn't the place for this conversation", Alpha suggested as he approached the two women, "I assume a full debriefing will be given", there was a brief pause before he added, "whoever you are".

Mei smiled " Mei, Otaki Factory". She smiled at the Kiryu Force, "There, now we know each other better". She walked towards the rear entrance, "Thank you for the help if you ever need help but i need to help Jet Jaguar".

"I like her", Alpha said.

Charlie meanwhile gently rubbed Sasha's back in an attempt to comfort the current powerless power ranger. Her world had been severely shaken. "Don't listen to that idiot", Charlie attempted to comfort her team mate, "you kicked ass in Francisco. You destroyed the MUTO's nest, you fucking earned your place on this team."

"Yeah, I appreciate the effort but I want to be alone for a while". She walked away, shoulders slumped in defeat. A heavy feeling washed over Charlie, someone they cared about was hurting and there wasn't a single thing they could do about it.