Ocean battle

"Where are we now?" Asked Doctor Hartford

"The Tasman Sea. Between New Zealand and the Australian mainland." Replied Taylor.

"We're almost there." Ms Morgan added.

"Yeah... Where's Godzilla?" Doctor Hartford asked.

"... We lost track of him." Taylor replied.

"What?" Doctor Hartford gasped.

"Admiral. We can't afford to lose track of Godzilla!" Ms. Morgan barked.

"You think I don't know that? But we did. He just disappeared. Our satellites lost him. No thermals. No visuals. Not even radiation scans picked him up. He's just... Gone." Taylor countered.

"He's using the Hollow Earth to travel." Serizawa said from the back of the bridge.

"What do you mean, Doctor?" Taylor asked.

"Gojira must sense Kong and know that he's getting closer to another entrance. If Kong makes it into the Hollow Earth, Gojira probably won't be able to sense him anymore because of how strong the magnetic and energy fields are down there." Serizawa continued.

"So he's trying to catch up before Kong escapes. Great." Ms. Morgan said as she sat down and rubbed her temples.

"Where's the nearest entrance to the Hollow Earth?" Serizawa asked.

Doctor Hartford checked the tablet, but...

"Antarctica. And it's not connected to any known opening in the ocean. So if Godzilla's using a tunnel from the ocean then it's not one that Apex, Hexagon or Monarch knows about." He said.

Serizawa frowned deeply.

"There is much about Gojira and the Hollow Earth that I'm sure Apex doesn't know, despite their claims." He said in a low voice.

Out on the deck Kong was enjoying a large feast of fish caught for him by the other vessels.

Maia, meanwhile, approached Kong while he had his back turned to her. Walking up close to one of the containers near his legs, she checked her surroundings before seemingly reaching into one of the gaps and then retracting her hand. Quickly she walked away and back to the stairwell where she smiled to herself before walking up to join the others again.

"So how can we find Godzilla?" Taylor asked.

"Gojira is likely using one of the tunnel systems MONARCH documented. Let me make a call."

"By the time you make that call, Serizawa, we'll all be face to face with him." Taylor barked.

Serizawa ignored him and dialed a number on his phone and hit "Call." The phone rang a few times, and was then picked up.

"Doctor?" Came a voice on the other end.

"Dr K . Please forward me all the data you have on the Hollow Earth tunnels which MONARCH has scanned."

"Of course."

The phone call ended, and a moment later it lit up and Serizawa opened a document sent to him by email. The document was expanded in his phone view, and Serizawa held it up for Taylor to take a closer look.

"There is an entrance just south of the tip of New Zealand. Gojira is likely headed there." Serizawa said.

"Then depending on how fast he can swim he might cut us off." Taylor whispered in horror.

The rangers walked into the main bridge area to meet the others.

"Rangers. I'm glad you could make it." Serizawa said.