Terror of the deep

BANG!

Multiple explosions erupted against a mountain of gray before fizzling to nothing but smoke and scattered remnants of what was once a barrage of M16 rockets.

"What the fuck is that thing?!" Crackled a voice on comms.

"I don't know! Just keep firing!" Came another voice.

The Dargonzord launched volley after volley of rockets as it waded waist deep through the waters, the ships also situated in the waters nearby launched missile after missile at the head and neck, to no avail.

"We can't let it land on the atoll! The bomb's not in place yet!" Came the voice of one of the ship's captains.

"Sheesh! They really expect us to stop this thing?!" Sasha  mumbled.

"Shut yer trap, Oliver! Just keep firing at the big shrimp!" Shouted Charlie.

"Whatever Matthews!" Sasha shouted back.

"Hey... Did you guys see that?" Asked Alpha 1.

"See what?" Charlie asked.

"In the water. I thought I saw something moving." Alpha replied.

"You mean the big fuckin' prawn? Hard to miss! Stay focused!" Sasha yelled.

Ebirah dove into the dark waters leaving a subtle mound of water in its wake. Several ships gently started rocking as their missiles were thrown off course.

"What was that?" Asked a crewman on deck of a US Destroyer.

The Dragonzord's head turned left, following something out ahead of the moving mound as it veered left of its present course to follow.

"Hey! There! It's leaving!" Sasha shouted.

"Why, though?" Alpha asked.

"Who cares?! We did it!" Charlie cheered.

"I don't know." Sasha  mused quietly.

The missiles came to a stop, and all planes began reforming and circling overhead.

"What's it doing?" Came the distorted voice of another Ship Captain over the comms.

"He's fleeing." Came a new voice.

"What the-Who are you? How'd you get on this frequency?" Grace demanded.

A large plane suddenly emerged from the light cloud cover and descended upon the scene to join the fighter pilots in circling the air space.

"My name is Eiji Serizawa. Pleasure to meet-"

"Never mind, seri-what's your name. More important than what it's doing is what the hell are you doing here? This is a war zone! Civilians aren't allowed here!" Taylor answered

"I'm not a civilian. I'm-"

"He's with us." Came a second voice.

"And who's us?" Taylor interrupted.

"We are MONARCH. A special government unit assigned to track and study these creatures. Doctor Serizawa here is our chief scientists."

"Greeeeat. So you're suits. Perfect." Charlie rolled her eyes.

"So what the hell are these things, doc?" Sasha asked.

"We call them Titans. Massive creatures thought to have been extinct for millennia."

"Not so extinct now is it?"

"Not it, young man. Them."

"What do you mean them?"

Moments later the waters to the right of the waves it produced upon exiting the water had sent numerous massive walls towards them which they all scrambled desperately to escape from.

"Turn into it! Turn into it!" Grace shouted as the ship creaked and groaned on its way to facing the oncoming rush of water.

Several ships were made to capsize while others barely escaped.

As they rushed to finish, the sound and sudden rush of tremors in the grounds nearly toppled the nuke's stand. As they looked over, the Dragonzord had fallen to the ground onto his stomach. Arms at his sides, eyes closed, and breathing erratic.

Ebirah lunged, The Dragonzord's mouth curled downward into a snarl with lips pulled back revealing his teeth. But it was in a flash, the Dragonzord's tail drilled a hole through the Ebirah's stomach region. This gave Dragonzord just enough time to get back to its feet, Ebirah tried to flee, Dragonzord charged up and fired its missiles once again, finally killing Ebirah, Dragonzord once again collapsed onto the shore of the atoll.

Silence.

Meanwhile, deep beneath the ocean's surface a blue light flickered to life within a pair of massive eyes and along a row of jagged spines in the gloom of the ocean floor.