Hollow Earth

"Bank right!"

The H.E.A.V. banked hard to one side as a massive flying snake-like creature soared past, its jaws just grazing the rear left engine. The force of the bite sent a small shock wave through the air tipping the H.E.A.V. off its flight path and nearly spiraling out of control into a mountain face.

Kong dove into a shoulder roll and managed to catch the H.E.A.V. with only feet to spare before a rocky grave for its passengers. Setting it down quickly he turned in the nick of time to catch the jaws of one of the oncoming flying serpents. Its teeth dug into his flesh causing trickles of blood down his fingers. But he held firm and pushed back with all his might. The creature planted its tail into the ground and pushed back. But it was no match for Kong's overwhelming strength.

The second creature, however, was now pursuing the other H.E.A.V. with the team on board.

"Fuck!" Shouted the pilot who banked hard this way and that to avoid the snapping jaws behind them.

"Can't you lose it?!" Maia demanded.

"You wanna pilot this thing?" He yelled in response.

Everyone else aboard clung tight to their seats and Jia tight to her Kong doll.

The doll's namesake was faring far better than the team and the H.E.A.V's as he rolled the serpent to one side and managed to sit atop the creature while shifting his grip to its throat. The serpent's tail whipped and thrashed viciously behind Kong before arching up and wrapping around Kong's throat. His grip on it immediately loosened as his instinct to protect his airways took hold and his enemy immediately pressed its advantage. Pulling Kong backwards and off of itself it managed to slither up and around before wrapping itself around him.

Kong's hands gripped its body and dug in tightly for all his worth. But it was no use. Its coiled body was tightening its muscles to the point where it was too much for Kong's usually ironclad grip to do anything about. However it made one dangerous mistake in its flash of narcissistic showmanship. While rising up with a gaping maw preparing for a killing bite, it left itself open to Kong's own bite. Tucking in his chin and digging his teeth into the body of the serpent sent streams of green blood arcing through the air as the beast shrieked in agony.

Its grip on Kong's throat went slack as the rest of its body flailed wildly in its attempt to escape. But one good bite deserves another. And Kong felt a searing pain spiral through his shoulder as the creature's fangs dug into his flesh.

Meanwhile, the team's H.E.A.V. continued to desperately outrun and outmaneuver the massive serpent flying after them over and around the cliffs and small mountains filled with densely packed trees.

"Crap." Shouted Doctor Hartford as his seat broke away from its hinges.

He and his set fell to the ground and were tossed around like rag dolls until Doctor Serizawa and Doctor K were able to grab onto him and hold him still. The seat, though, was still free. And as the pilot again banked hard to avoid a lunge from the serpent the seat flew up towards the cockpit slamming into the back of the pilot's head, knocking him unconscious.

"Shit!" Maia screamed as the vehicle began spiraling.

"Do something." Ms Morgan demanded.

"I'm here to babysit. Not fly!" Maia retorted.

Suddenly a body dove past them.

It was Zen.

Diving into the cockpit area and forcing herself between the pilot and the controls, she grabbed them and pulled hard to level the H.E.A.V. out. Once stable, she glanced at the rear monitor showing the serpent right on their tail.