Singular point cameo

Mei walked back down one isle, taking her seat, and Yun sitting just opposite her, the two ate a mid-air meal in relative silence until Yun glanced out the window and happened to catch a glance a shadow in the clouds. Blinking quickly and leaning over to see better, nearly knocking his drink over in the process, his eyes raced across the skyline before he sighed in relief after his eyes adjusted to the cloud formations.

"Something wrong?"

"No. Just a shadow in the clouds."

"Thought it was the MUTO?"

"For a sec, yeah."

"I see."

Mei leaned back in her chair and sighed.

"What's wrong?"

"Just stress at not being able to get in touch with Otaki. The phones still weren't working."

"We'll be at the mainland in an hour or so. You'll be able to call them from there. Don't worry."

Mei nodded and Yun reached a hand across the isle. Yun took her hand and held it firm along with a weak smile which Mei returned.

Suddenly, the plane's lights flickered and turbulence immediately followed.

"What's happening?" Mei asked aloud.

A flight attendant soon appeared from the front curtain.

"Please ensure you're strapped in. We're experiencing unexpected turbulence." She said.

Yun's eyes widened as he and Mei's made eye contact. They unhooked their seat belts and rose to their feet.

"Please return to your seat!"

"I know what's happening! I need to speak to the pilot!" Yun said

"I can't allow that, sir. We-"

The plane rocked violently as the lights flickered again. Yun caught the flight attendant and helped her to a seat before holding himself up using the side walls and knocked on the pilot's door.

"Hey! I know what's happening to the plane! Let me in!"

A second later the co-pilot opened the door and Yun leaned in.

"Fly lower!" He ordered.

"What? Why?" The co-pilot asked.

"Just do it!" Yun barked.

The pilot lowered the plane's nose and as they began gliding lower a massive shadow appeared off to the right in the water. Looking towards it Yun looked up and saw exactly what he'd been fearing. A massive wake in the clouds similarly to if a speedboat was tearing through the water.

"Bank left and get us the hell away from that thing!" He ordered.

"Sir! If we stray off course, we may run out of fuel before we land!" The pilot objected.

"We have no choice! That thing out there is emitting an EMP field around itself! If we stay on course, this plane's going down for sure! We need to clear the field! So bank left!" Yun yelled.

The plane's lights flickered more violently as the MUTO's roar cracked the skies and it broke through the clouds in full view of the pilot of and co-pilot.

"What in God's name?" The co-pilot asked as he crossed himself.

"Stop staring and bank the fuck left!" Yun demanded as he slammed a hand into the wall.

"All right! All right!" The pilot yelled back as he veered the plane left.

As Mei's eyes trailed to the MUTO she saw its head turn in their direction.