All Hail the King

From behind Godzilla's beaten and battered body flashed a weak light. Two long legs rose up above his arms before gently touching down and lifting Mothra up over his shoulder as she pulled herself up on top of him. Godzilla's eye fluttered open and slid to the corners of their sockets as he turned his head to see. Mothra pushed her body up a bit higher and let out a screech, and Godzilla's head gently lay back down on the ground.

Ghidorah then appeared over the edge of the crater, hissing and cackling down at the two wounded creatures beneath him.

Mothra looked up at Ghidorah and screeched angrily, to which his central head responded by launching a lightning blast down next to Godzilla's head. Mothra's head snapped towards the bolt, watching Godzilla as he snarled pitifully... Still trying to prove he was in the fight.

Mothra slowly looked up at Ghidorah who continued hissing and cackling at both of them. The center head suddenly nipped at the left with some kind of argument seeming to break out between them. Mothra watched warily as the right head ignored the other two in favor of snarling down at her and seeming to charge his own lightning blast. Mothra's body quivered slightly as she anticipated taking the hit, and...

A sonic boom off to Mothra's left caught her attention, as well as the right head of Ghidorah. Rodan zoomed into view while slamming into Ghidorah at full speed knocking the gigantic three headed colossus clear off his feet and sending both of them skidding across the ground for over three hundred meters. Rodan hit a cluster of homes which slowed him down, and Ghidorah slid into the remains of what was left of one of the damaged skyscrapers which then fell on top of him and buried him beneath hundreds of tons of rubble.

Mothra warbled softly as she lowered her head and laid down on top of Godzilla with her wings spreading out over his body.

Back on the Gotngo, everyone watched with dreaded expressions.

"Hey, what's she doing?" Billy asked.

Angela was a river of tears, watching silently with hands clasped in front of her chest as she shut her eyes tightly.

"She's dying." She whimpered.

"Wait, what?" Grace asked.

Serizawa dipped his head, eyes shut tight along with his lips as he fought against the pain of seeing the mighty Mothra reduced to this. Taylor put a hand on his shoulder to comfort him while everyone else watched in silence.

Ghidorah burst forth from beneath the rubble, throwing it for hundreds upon hundreds of meters in all directions as all three heads roared angrily. Light pumped through all three throats as they all unleashed their attack everywhere, not caring where the attacks landed. What was left of all the buildings in his vicinity were completely leveled, and Rodan was also struck by the blasts several times as they continued turning their heads on a continuous assault. With his body seared where the attacks trailed across his wings and torso, Rodan growled weakly, but did not rise.

Ghidorah stopped his attack at last, and all three heads looked to one another with deadly snarls as all three slowly looked directly at Rodan. The proud Fire Demon almost seemed to sneer at them as his cheeks rose slightly pulling the corners of his beak upwards a bit, and Ghidorah's heads did not take kindly to the expression. Ghidorah stomped over towards Rodan slowly, deliberately letting his thunderous footsteps herald the fate which was coming for Rodan who closed his eyes, still sporting that sneer.

Stomp. Stomp. Stomp. Stomp.

Ghidorah paused over Rodan, glaring down at him. Rodan's eyes stayed closed and the corners of his mouth were still turned up. Ghidorah roared down at him angrily, flaring his wings and slamming both tails into the ground behind himself. Rodan didn't respond. Ghidorah hissed loudly and blasted the ground next to Rodan's head in a similar fashion to how Godzilla had earlier in the fight. But again, Rodan refused to respond. He only continued to sneer with his eyes closed.