Dr. K and Ziggy

Doctor Serizawa, Angela, Grace, Billy, Ryan, Carter, Charlie, Bulk, Skull and Sasha all made their way in as well and took seats around the table in the Gotengo's briefs room"

"Thank you for coming, everyone." General Earhardt began.

"I wanted to start by bringing the incident of Pensacola to everyone's attention. I'm sure most of you have heard about it already, or seen the news clips. But here's the one I'm most concerned about."

Hitting a remote to start a ceiling projector which shone a clip of Godzilla roasting half the city on the nearest white wall, everyone watched as Godzilla unleashed his rage before returning to the sea before the screen went black. Taylor turned off the projector and looked around the table.

"Thoughts?" She asked.

Serizawa took a deep breath and sighed through his nose. Billy looked at Serizawa and then down at the table. Angela just stared at Taylor. And Ryan also took a deep breath and sighed.

"The entire attack, from landing to his return to the sea, was unprovoked. Remember what I said about a Titan thinking they need to establish dominance before they'd turn on humanity for the same reason?... I think he just proved my point."

Not a single person around the table could find a way to argue, and so the silence continued.

"This is exactly why Kong needs to stay on Skull Island and why we have to continue to study the Titans before we can make excuses for them when they act out. Does anyone have anything to offer as a rebuttal or a better course of action?"

Serizawa looked around the table and then to Angela.

"Taylor. I know that-"

"Don't do that, Serizawa. Don't just call me Taylor. It may help everyone else endear themselves to you and be more open to your way of thinking. But it doesn't work on me. Remember, I'm a former power ranger. And basic lingual psychology is part of my field. Please address me as General Earhardt. Thanks."

Angela's lips tightened, but she remained silent as Serizawa gave Taylor a nod.

"General. I know that Gojira's behavior seems unprovoked. But we can't be certain of that."

"As far as we know the city of Pensacola literally has nothing to offer Godzilla, nor did they initiate an attack. He did."

"Gojira's senses must be detecting something we don't. In 2014 he followed the MUTO's calls. Five years ago, he sensed Monster Zero's awakening and worked with Mosura to bring him down. Today, he must sense something. He never attacks without reason. And we must keep our minds open to the possibility that something is happening we simply do not see yet."

Taylor half rolled her eyes as she pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Look Serizawa. I'm a pragmatist. I believe what my eyes show me and what my own senses tell me. And what we saw on that projector footage was Godzilla nuking half a city without any visible or logical reason for doing so. He showed up and attacked. It's that simple. I know you're his most ardent supporter, but do you have any substantial evidence that Godzilla's actions are anything other than unprovoked aggression? Or are you merely hoping for his innocence because you can't accept the idea that he might not be humanity's savior anymore?"

"You pretentious piece of-" Angela began.

"Angela! Don't." Came a voice from the doorway.

Everyone turned around, and Doctor K blinked in surprise.

"Sorry I'm late, everyone." She said.

"Doctor K. Glad you could join us." Taylor said.

Doctor K made her way around the table, patting Angela's shoulder which earned a small smile from her before taking her own seat near Ryan.