Home

Kong's eyes, only slightly open and glazed over, slid closed as he drifted completely into unconsciousness.

"... Phew..." Doctor Hartford sighed quietly.

Ms Morgan glanced at him out of the corner of her eye and subtly shook her head as Jia looked between them curiously.

"How long will those sedatives keep him under?"

Ms Morgan's lips pursed as she rolled her eyes.

"For the third time, Andrew, they'll keep him under for a few hours at a time. The exact amount is a little random." She replied.

Reading their lips, Jia smirked before hopping up onto a chair so she could see Kong outside.

He lay on his side, head against his shoulder, with one hand partially hanging over the edge and being gently caressed by the splash of the waves beneath the Gotengo. He occasionally let out little grumbles and groans as his mind slipped between conscious, semi-conscious, and unconscious. And watching him sleep Jia couldn't help but let slip a subtle frown as she hopped off the chair and went to stand by ms Morgan's side again.

"You're sure about this, Doctor Hartford ?" Came a voice from her left.

"About as sure as I can be, General Earhardt." She replied. "Have you done as we asked?"

"Yes. We're keeping an eye on Godzilla via satellite. He's hanging out in the Northwestern Pacific not far from Japan. And he doesn't seem to be moving just yet." Taylor replied.

She nodded her head.

"But if he does move? And if he comes for this fleet, what's the plan?" She asked.

"The plan is to present no threat to him." Came a familiar voice from the back of the bridge.

"Doctor?" Taylor asked as she looked over her shoulder.

"Gojira does not exist to destroy. He is nature's enforcer of balance among the Titans. If he perceives Kong as a threat to that balance then he will likely come to determine Kong's intentions. If Kong defies him or refuses to acknowledge his position at the top of the Titan's food chain, Gojira may force Kong to submit." Serizawa said calmly.

"You mean he's gonna fight Kong, right Doctor?" Taylor asked.

Serizawa nodded, and Taylor looked at Ms. Morgan who was looking at Serizawa in complete shock.

"... You never said anything like this in our meetings before, Serizawa." She growled.

Doctor Serizawa gave her a subtle nod and glanced at the table between them.

"Apologies, Kendall."

"APOLOGIES?!" She screamed as she stormed around the table and slapped him across the face.

"You knew all this about Godzilla! His position in their food chain! His behavior! You knew!And you never brought it up until just now!" She yelled.

Serizawa adjusted his jaw and sighed through his nose.

"I have spoken about it at length before to all of my colleagues. You included. I did not bring it up at our meetings about Kong because I presumed you remembered."

"That's no excuse you bastard! You put the responsibility of Kong and Skull Island on my shoulders and then left me to it without any other support! I had to find support myself! I had to comb through Hexagon's databases myself to learn what there was to learn about Kong and the island! I had to discover what secrets were on the Island about Kong and other Titans like the Skullcrawlers myself! I had to figure out how to safely contain Kong in the little bit of the island we could spare when the storms took over! And you expect me to remember one or two talks you had about Godzilla