Rebuild begins

Newtech City. a bustling city on the east coast of America, purpose built at the start of the twenty first century to ease the growing fear of Emperor Grumm's reign. Newtech City was host to the Intergalactic Immigration Agency, or The Shadow Proclamation, who processed any immigrants and refugees from the galaxy who wanted to make Earth and other planets their new home. The first fifteen years of the century were a turbulent time, filled with anti-alien and anti-immigrant sentiment that threatened to tear the country apart. Tensions reached their height during 2014, the year of the Armada's invasion. Anger towards the invaders was directed towards those aliens who couldn't fight back leading to some of the worst levels of hate crime ever reported. Right at the heart of this maelstrom of anger was Newtech City.

Just when it looked like a bill would be passed banning all aliens, a group of former Power Rangers banded together to create an intergalactic police force to help control the situation. Space Patrol Delta, known locally as SPD, was born. With the Armada defeated SPD was at the forefront of human/alien relations, restoring order to the city and to the country as a whole. Branches of SPD began to open up across the globe and in other parts of the galaxy. In just ten years SPD had become one of the most powerful agencies in the Milky way.

It was probably a good thing because 2025 saw another invasion, this time by Emperor Grumm and the Troobian Empire. Initially held at bay by SPD's A-Squad, things took a surprising turn when the elite Ranger squadron of the force disappeared, leaving the unknown and untested B-Squad to pick up the pieces. The motley crew consisting of three raw cadets and two rookies defeated Grumm's forces, with a little help from their commanding officer and a visitor from the future.

Six months had passed since Grumm's invasion and life was relatively peaceful in Newtech City. 2026 so far had been the lowest recorded rate of alien race crime since ever. With B-Squad now able to focus their attentions on non-alien related offenses, crime in the city was also dropping. On the surface things appeared to be rosy for the elite police force in the galaxy. It was late in the afternoon when Charlie Matthews walked onto the flight deck of the USS Obama, off the coast of Newtech City. Waiting outside was a man dressed in his Air Force uniform, the stripes on his arm indicated that he held the rank of Major. He removed his sunglasses, revealing a piercing pair of blue eyes. The car stopped and the woman stepped out, "Ms Mathews," the man greeted with a warm smile.

"Knock it off Ryan," the blonde began, "no need for formalities," she added whilst adjusting a SPD pin on her shirt.

"Come on Charlie, is that anyway to greet an old friend?" Ryan Mitchell replied.

Charlie snorted, "I'd be in a better mood if I hadn't been dragged onto a flight deck on a hundred degree day." She removed her cap and glasses, "Please tell me this ship has decent air conditioning at least," she added with a little smirk.

After completing her time in prison, former red ranger Charlie Mathews returned to service with the Air Force. After completely several missions off Earth with the SPD Special Ops, Charlie returned hoke after the Special Ops team was disbanded, Charlie chose to leave SPD.

Some were surprised that she left SPD. Outwardly she claimed to be happy with her current position. The two moved across the deck, quietly acknowledging the salutes of officers. "So, is this the top secret project you've been working on recently?" Charlie asked.

"Yeah, sorry I've missed the last few poker nights," Ryan replied, "we've been working all hours trying to get this up and running." Stopping by the side of the deck

"Really?" Charlie sighed, "this better be worth it."

There was a sudden rumble as a metal dragon burst from the ocean below, it roared. Charlie gaped for a couple of moments before asking, "Dragonzord?" she looked at Ryan, "Why is the Dragonzord here?"