A choice.

My decision making skills landed me in a sticky situation the previous time I had to hastily pick which door to take, if I'd have taken another exit then maybe I wouldn't have ended up being auctioned off.

So I decided to not go with my instincts and with heavy feet, I darted right.

It must have been approximately three and a half seconds before the weight of my body was slammed ruthlessly into the beautifully decorated wall. The side of my face pressed firmly, making me gasp in despair. I could feel every inch of his body as he leant up against me, arms either side of my head as his face lay very closely to the side of my neck.

"You really shouldn't run from me, Darcy." He spoke breathlessly, his voice hooded and laced with seduction as his breath feathered against my ear, involuntary goosebumps trailed my skin in a fiery blanket. I sucked in a trembling breath at the gentlest touch of his slightly moist lips, teasing and taunting as he grazed over my ear slightly. "Your heart is beating so quickly, it's so-" he paused, inhaling deeply as he pressed into me harder. "Unusual. So," he paused for a second time. "Fascinating."

Then it happened, the very moment my body decided to betray loyalty and very stupidly released the smallest trace of a moan. A moan caused by the very deliberate teeth of my enemy as he took the small of my ear between his teeth and tugged gently, goosebumps, for a second time, washing over my skin. "You like that." My senses told me his rhetorical statement was more so directed into thin air and it intensified the deep ruby red staining my cheeks. I wanted the ground to swallow me up and I wanted it to happen now.

I felt so helpless and vulnerable, I felt as though he was mocking me and internally laughing. It was very humiliating and quite frankly, I was beginning to despise him even more than I thought possible.

"Well, what do we have here."

It was six words, six very simple words that held so much threat and hatred that it even made Elijah freeze with me in his grasp. The room flooded with an eerie silence and it bothered me that this mans identity remained yet unknown due to my side being crushed against the wall, which meant my view was pointing the opposite way. I felt the ease of his body against mine as he let up slightly, allowing me space to breathe. It was then I readjusted my gaze, my wide, wandering eyes instantly captivated by the mysterious male hidden by the dark unzipped hoodie covering his large, masculine form and unknown features. He was much larger than Elijah himself, his aura resembled that of a haunted soul, destined for disaster and misery. Was something wrong with his face? The curiosity was eating me shamelessly and the oh so tempting urge to pull down his hood was overwhelming.

"You brought a human, here?"

I found myself flinching at the inhumane venom dripping from his shameless words, his face still camouflaged by darkness. With my body still against the wall and Elijah's presence still evidently behind me, I found myself cowering further into Elijah, obviously already chosen my preferred male and that was most definitely saying something.

"She was given to me."

It was shocking how serious the atmosphere had mysteriously grown to, it was deadly and terrifying.

"Given to you?" The mysterious man repeated, the huskiness of his voice low and ruthless. "It was given to you?"

I could feel the anger bubbling inside me, so hard that it resembled a ready to blow volcano and its forceful lava. 'It.' I knew I had to shrug it off, I had to swallow my pride because I really didn't want to die at the hands of him. So with that in mind, I clamped my mouth shut, this time.

I could feel Elijah's body tense behind my small form, I wanted to know who this man was and how he managed to turn the atmosphere so ridiculously quick. Whoever he was, he wasn't pleasant, that much I knew.

"Well," The male drawled tauntingly, taking a few steps closer in our direction as he fisted his large hands into his pockets, his hood still concealing his face. "How on earth did you pull this one off?"

His dry chuckle told me no humour was present at all, for it seemed this man wasn't capable of such emotion, it was just something about him. Something about him that left a trail of curiosity and mysteriousness.

I squeezed my palms slowly, feeling the tacky dampness stick between my fingers as I slowly wiped them over my dress, anything to take my mind off the situation beside me. I turned around to face Elijah, suddenly growing sick of the red wallpaper in my vision.

Elijah's blue orbs of awe gazed down at me, slowly narrowing them slightly as he looked from me to the man, clearly unsure of what action to take. Something told me whoever this man was, he was clearly more superior than Elijah because I could sense his uneasiness and I was sure if I wasn't staring at him, he would be squirming on the spot.

"I told you-" Elijah gritted out, his teeth clenched and frustration clearly visible over his face. "She was given to me."

There was that chuckle again- that humourless, almost nonexistent, chuckle.

"Oh I believe you, Elijah. I really do."

"Then why are you bothering me?"

I didn't want to be caught up in the middle, I felt like a scrambled deer in a set of headlights and a large part of me felt like darting. They both seem extremely distracted, I wondered how far I'd make it. Perhaps if I made it into a room I could lock the door and climb out a window?

It was a mighty good plan- in my head at least.

I didn't have time to pick and choose my chances of fleeing, so when one arose I had to be certain that I'd be ready, and now was that time. I sucked in a sharp breath and dodged my way past Elijah's arm, fleeing in a poor attempt of a bee line down the corridor, I felt like victory was mine, I felt like fate was finally being civil to me and offering me my chance of freedom.

Well, that was until I found myself quite viscously thrown across to the other side of the wall, not even a hint of gentleness was present as my head hit the opposing wall with a deadly thud, coursing pain igniting in every nerve as I fell to the floor, groaning in sheer discomfort. I could feel my head  spinning, my vision playing tricks on me as three hooded men stood around me, their face still unknown as they danced around me in never ending circles.

"Stop moving," I pleaded, holding my head in my trembling hands.

"Well, you've got yourself a delusional animal, I hope you know what you're doing."

It was then my eye lids felt like a tonne weight and sleep overcame me before I could even attempt to protest.