Stitches

Laying down in the comfort of my bed was always a pleasure, but it never lasted longer than

"Mom," Jack yelled.

"What's up, buddy?" I call out as he was standing outside the door.

"Daddy needs you," he replies.

"Why, what's wrong?" I ask, getting out of bed.

"Well, he told me that he didn't want to wake you, but I know he needs help,"

I go over to the door and open it, seeing Jack looking slightly concerned.

"Okay. What does he need help with? Do you know?" I ask gently, rubbing his shoulder.

"He needs help in the kitchen," he replies.

I knew he was getting anxious. I hugged him gently and set him off to play. I headed into the kitchen, seeing Aaron's back to me.

"What's wrong?" I ask, walking up to him.

He doesn't reply. I made it next to him and saw he had cut himself while trying to make breakfast.

"Babe, why didn't you yell to me?" I panicked. Taking a deep breath, I went into Dr. mode and instantly grabbed a bandage, wet cloth, peroxide, stitch kit.

Pushing him to sit down. I stood in front of him. I used the wash cloth to wipe all the access blood and to try and keep it clean. As I examined it, he needed at least 2 stitches. Thankfully, I had a kit of my own.  I used the peroxide to help keep the area that doesn't need stitches cleaned from the cut. After gently dabbing it away, I grabbed the numbing spray and had him hold onto my thigh as I worked both stitches. "I know. I'm sorry. Breathe baby, ". I mumbled as he winced. Lastly, I grabbed the bandage from next to me and covered the stitches after putting antibacterial cream over it.

"You okay?" I asked worriedly.

"I'm okay," he breaths out.

"Now that, that's done! Why didn't you yell to me!" I ask angrily.

"I wanted you to lay down a little longer," he mumbled out, pulling me into him. I leaned in, being careful of where he placed his stitched hand.

"I appreciate you wanting to do that, but when you or anyone is injured, I want to be their to be aware. I love you and never want to wake up finding you or the kids hurt!" I say exasperated but also relieved that everything was okay.

"Think of it this way. If Jack, Lucy, Carson, or I were hurt, wouldn't you want to know?" I asked calmly.

He nodded. "Yes. I would. I'm sorry. "

"It's okay! But next time Mr. I won't be so easy on you, " I giggle. Adrenaline had decreased.

"Well, to make up for getting your out of bed earlier than you planned. We will have an extended date night!" He smiles with his head still against my stomach.

"Extended?" I asked, confused.

"I wanted to give us both a little day of just each other's company. So JJ offered to have Jack and Carson over for a sleepover with Henry. While Garcia asked if she could have a sleepover here at the house with Lucy."

"I think I've fallen more in love with you each and every second of every day," I kiss the top of his head.

"I love you so much more every day, We are going to a 5 star hotel and spending the night their, going to a movie, jacuzzi. Everything you deserve"

"I love you! You didn't have to do any of this. You deserve it, too. You have been so amazing with me, kids, work, EVERYTHING. " he pulls his head away from my body, looking up at me. I lean down and give him a long, passionate kiss.

"We deserve this break. I love the kids, but I know they've been wanting to have sleepovers and get out of the house more often, especially when we're at work. So I fixed 2 problems with 1 stone or whatever the saying is" he chuckles a little.

"Well, thank you." I smile.

Hey all, I know this isn't the greatest, but let me know if you want a part 2 and what you would like to see in part 2! Have a good rest of your day/night :) -Ginger135