Prank gone wrong?

"Y/n," Jack's little voice called out from behind the couch.

"What's up, buddy?" I ask.

Aaron was stuck at the office longer today, so Jack and I got to hang out and play, which was one of my favorite things to do.

As he came to sit by me, he asked, "Is it okay to play prank on daddy?"

I was confused now. "I don't think it's the best idea. Why?" I ask gently.

"I-took-" Jack was cut off by Aaron running through the door panicking.

He ran over to us. "Are you hurt? What's wrong? Is somebody here? Jack, are you okay? What happened?" This had something to do with Jack.

"Were fine... Take a breather." I patted his chest as he sat down, catching his breath. I look pointedly at Jack.

"You were saying..."

"I sent Daddy a text on your phone," he mumbled out as Aaron was still breathing heavily behind me.

"Buddy, I don't know what you said, but you scared daddy a lot," I say softly.

He got up and hugged me, apologizing as he did the same to Aaron before going upstairs to play.

I turn back around. "You okay, bubba?"

"My heart rate is still through the roof," he huffed out.

I turned all the way around, lifting my hand to his chest, feeling the pounding against my hand.

I rubbed softly around his chest and watched as he calmed down further.

He leaned his head on my shoulder in the crease of my neck.

"You okay now?" He hummed quietly.

"What did he send you?" I ask quietly.

He lifted his head up, lifting his eyes to reach mine in the process.

"He said,'Working the case.' I panicked. He scared the hell out of me. " I looked at him softly and knowing.

"Come here," I say quietly, hugging him and rubbing his back.

"We are okay, I swear," I mumble.

"He just was about to tell me when you ran through the door. He asked if it was okay to prank you, and I told him it wouldn't be the best idea, " I say as he pulls back.

"That's for sure. I thought you guys were hurt or gonna be, " he says, looking warily.

"Aaron Hotchner, if that was real, why did you come all by yourself?"

"I wasn't thinking I just wanted to get to you and Jack," he says.

"Next time, think in hopes their inst one you stubborn mule," I say as he chuckled softly.

"I love you," he says. Kissing me.

"I love you too," I say, smiling.