One bed

Requested!

While this case was difficult, it was finally time to head back to the hotel. It was too late to set out on the jet now as it was 12am.

Once in the hotel. JJ checked us in.

"We need to double up. Only 4 rooms, " JJ sighed tiredly.

"Alright. Double up. The jet will take off at 8" Hotch replied.

"Come on, Reid," Morgan says.

"I'm too old to share a room," Rossi replied, grabbing the key from JJ walking off.

"Let's go, JJ." Emily says quickly before any other choices could be made. Emily had an evil glint in her eyes with her well-known smirk, which meant she was up to something.

I looked up at Hotch, smiling softly and nervously. Might I add. "I guess it's just us now,"

He smiled slightly before guiding me in the direction of the room. Room 101.

Once Hotch slid the key into the door and opened it, we both stopped slightly awkwardly in the doorway. Their was only one bed.

"I..uh..I can sleep on the floor. You can have the bed, " Aaron stated.

"Quite the gentleman you are. No, we are adults. We can share the bed. Plus, I would never allow you to sleep on the floor. " I smiled softly, secretly excited about this. I have liked Aaron Hotchner for a while now. I wouldn't think he feels the same, but if I can offer him friendship, that's all I need.

"Alright. If you are sure? You can shower first if you'd like?" He suggested.

"Sure," I reply. Once fully in the room, I placed my go bag at the end of the bed, grabbing bathroom essentials and pj's, but really, just clothes I slept in.

Hotch did the same. He got his bathroom essentials out and set them to the side. He pulled out the case files for this case and last.

"You never stop working, do you?" I ask gently. I had sat everything down in the bathroom, realizing I had forgotten my toothpaste.

"The work never stops coming, I guess," he smiles.

"Yeah..hey... i'm sorry to ask, but I ran out of toothpaste on the last case and completely forgot to put more in. Do you have a little I can use?" I smile awkwardly.

"I do. Is Spearmint okay?" He smiles softly back.

"It's perfect. Thank you, " I say, grabing the tube from his hands. Our hands touched for a few seconds. Getting caught in the moment. He is your boss. You can't.

After we both showered, we both laid down separated on both ends of the bed. Not wanting to make the other. Uncomfortable.

Once we shut the lights, the bedside lamps off. We both closed our eyes, trying to sleep.

After about 30 minutes I could feel Hotch moving a lot. Turning to face him. I saw him staring up at the ceiling.

"Hey. Are you okay?" I ask.

"Did I wake you? I'm sorry, " he mumbled apologetically.

"No, you are okay. I have a hard time falling asleep. What's going on?"

"The case brought up a lot," he mumbled. He finally turned on his side, making eye contact with me as we both just calmly stared back at each other.

"I bet. Do you want to talk about it?" I ask. The case was single parents being tormented after their children were kidnapped.

"If it's okay with you. I would, but I don't want to force you into my problems, " he says shyly.

"Aaron. I'm always here for you...so is the team. You are their for us. Let us be here for you, " I say, grabbing his hand softly to show him that I was here to listen.