Hotchner Holiday

I want to start off by saying this was very rushed. I apologize. I wanted to get something out for New years even. And since this is holiday related it would be helpful. Haha. Happy new years guys and I hope 2023 is good for all of you!

It was Christmas eve. Aaron was bagging some gifts for the team members while Jack and I were trying to find out what cookie to make for desert and what to make for Santa.

"For desert do you want brownies?" I ask.

"Yeah" he exclaimed. "Do you think Santa would like chocolate chip cookies? Or sugar cookies" he asks.

"Hmm..what about both?" I smile at his wided smile.

"Mom. I'm going to go get dad" he says jumping off off stool next to me.

It still warms my heart that he calls me mom. I've know him since he was born but have been married to his dad for 4 years now and it's never been better. Haleys memory still lives on of course and both Aaron and I make sure of that. Especially for Jack's sake. He's already 8.

"What's up?" Aaron asks coming into the kitchen.

"Jack has decided brownies for desert and Sugar and chocolate chip cookies for Santa. What do you think?" I ask as he approaches me looking over my shoulder.

"I think Santa would love that" he smiles kissing my shoulder.

"Jack come here" Jack helped gather all the ingredients as we started mixing them together. 20 minutes later all cookies and brownies were inner iven to bake. I pulled off my apron as Jack did the same.

"Let's go see if daddy is ready to make Christmas cards for Santa" I nudge him gently in the direction of the living room.

"Hey. Santa letters?" I ask sitting next to him on the couch.

"Yes. Come here Jack. Here's your coloring stuff and paper. Go ahead and write Santa a letter" he says gently.

30 minutes later.

"Done" Jack said grabbing the material and putting them away.

"Good job bud" I smile. "I think the cookies and brownies should be done too" I say as Aaron got up before me to as Jack ran straight towards the kitchen.

"They are" Jack exclaims excitedly.

Aaron pulled them out eith his father's day oven mitts.

"Yummy. They look good" Jack says.

"They do. Dinner is almost done. Just waiting on the ham" I smile.

"Good. It's gonna be so yummy. What time does Santa get here?" He asks.

"Santa comes when all of us are asleep so we don't know what time. It's 6pm now. I can turn the Santa tracker on after"

"Okay" he says looking pleaded with the answer.

2 hours later.

With bellies full qe all sat on the couch watching Rudolph the red nosed reindeer.

Aaron laying behind me. I'm laying against him and Jack is cuddled up on my chest singing the reindeer song he learned at school.

"Okay buddy. It's time for bed" Aaron says.

"Okay Daddy. You going to bed too?" He asks sitting up looking behind me at his dad.

"Yeah. Once you go to bed mommy and I will clean up the kitchen and make sure everything's ready for Santa then we head to bed" he says as Jack got up off me and on the floor as I did the same for Aaron.

"Okay" he says going up stairs to brush his teeth.

"God I love him"

"I know. Me too" Aaron mumbles.

I stretch in place with Aaron directly behind me rubbing my shoulders.

We started setting everything up. In the kitchen making sure Jack's note was left next to the cookies and milk even Jack decided to let Santa have a brownie as well.

"Night buddy" I say messing his hair up as he gets into his bed.

"Night mommy. I love you" he says.

"I love you too" I say.

Aaron came up the stairs behind me. "I love you too buddy. Night"

"Night Daddy. I love you too. Merry Christmas" he says laying down and closing his eyes for sleep.

We both headed to our room going to sleep.

6am.

"MOMMY DADDY SANTA CAME" Jack yelled jumping on our bed.

"He did?!" I ask rubbing my eyes.

"YEAH COME ON LETS GO!" He says pulling his dad up into a sitting position.

As we made our way downstairs I grabbed my gifts to both boys from the closet carrying them down to set for after all presents have been opened.

As we all sat down Jack opened his presents. Then both Aaron and I did.

Jack got headphones, firetruck, soccer ball, Wii fit, new hat, clothes, candy, and a new bike!

Aaron and I both got socks, cards, gift cards, slippers, and Jack wrote us both a cute little note and gave us best dad and mom key chains.

"Okay I have one gift for both of you" I say grabbing the small gift bags.

Handing them over I set up my phone behind me recording.

"Okay open them" I say.

They both pulled the items out of the bag. Jack had a big brother shirt snd Aaron had the pregnancy test and baby onsie.

"Really?" He asks smiling wider.

I nod graciously as he came over hugging me.

"I'm going to be a big brother!" Jack exclaimed excitedly!

"Yeah!!" I smile as he bulldozed over to both of us hugging him.

"Santa got my wish" he says. I look at Aaron confused.

"He did?" Aaron asks. Jack nodded putting his hand on my stomach rubbing it.

"Well I guess Santa knew what he had planned" I joked laughing at Aaron's smirk.

"I guess he did" he chuckles back.

"Merry Christmas" I say.

"Merry Christmas mommy"

"Merry Christmas baby"

I hug them both squeezing as tight as could be. Now this was the best Christmas. And next year with the baby will be even more with all 4 of us.