Dad, No

You are thee David Rossi's daughter. You are dating your father's best friend. Your dad knows but now you need to tell him something else....

"I need to tell Aaron and dad" I mumble looking over at Garcia.

"Hotch as a dad. I want to see that. You and Hotch would be like the best parents ever" she says excitedly.

"Thank you Garcia I just don't know how to tell him. I'm not really worried about telling Aaron. I'm worried about how my dad will react" I say remembering what happened when he found out you were dating.

"Dad. I need to tell you something"

"What is it honey?"

"Well...dad... Aaron and I" I start to say directing my finger at the both of us. "Are dating..." I watched his eyes widen.

"Hotch. You're dating my daughter" he said angrily.

"Dad. Stop. We made this choice together. I love him dad" I say trying to calm my dad's angry eyes.

"Hurt her and I'll kill you" is all he said.

A few days after we told him he congratulated us but has still kept Aaron on a leash. They were still best friends but when it came to me. That's when things got tricky.

Garcia and I were sitting in her office as I looked down at the test I bought when I told Aaron I was getting Tylenol and I did get that as well. The plus sign was truly an excitement but the communication to dad would be the toughest part. I should tell Aaron first, right? Yeah. 

"Garcia" I say.

"What is up my sugar plum momma to be" she says giddy. 

"How do I tell Aaron. Should I wrap a present? Give him a shirt? My father is the harder one. Aaron is the easiest part and normally it is not like this...". I ramble.

"Hotch will be excited just think of what would make you the happiest. Your dad on the other hand. I don't know Rossi is such a sweetheart" She rambles still excited.

"He is got a big heart, but do you remember how he reacted when I told him I was dating his best friend". She nodded shyly.

"I think we all do sugar plum. Don't stress too much. My god child needs to be calm" she smirks. 

"I haven't even told Aaron yet and you are already calling godmother" I laugh.

"Wish me luck" I say getting up and heading home for the day. I stop by Aaron's office. 

"hey" I say quietly.

"Hi. You headed home?" he asks standing up. I nod.

"Yeah. What time you going to be there?"

"Hoping before 9" he replies. I nod. Kissing him.

"Okay I'll see you then. Love you" I say.

"Love you too. Please drive careful" He looks at me concerned but also worrying.

"I will. Message me when you leave, and you drive safe as well. " I walk out the door after we bid our goodbyes. 

I decided on my way home I will stop at the store and pick up a few shirts. One saying Bun in the oven for me and the other for Aaron that says, 'DAD TO BE'. I also picked up some gift bags for my dad and Aaron. I picked up a white mini gift bag and grabbed some letter items.

When I arrived home, I sent Aaron a quick message letting him know I was home, and I had to run an errand. 

After getting into more comfortable clothes. I started with gifting. I wrapped the pregnancy test in tissue paper and put it in Aaron's bag writing a little note. 'We love you'. I have his shirt sitting next to me. Where he is unable to see it.