Sleep

It had been a long night.

11:30pm now and I'm still typing up my newest story chapters.

I heard Aaron come in.

"Hey. How come your still up?"

"Hey. I am hopefully gonna finish this chapter for my publisher to read over before the next chapter is written" I smiled as he walked over to hug me.

I hugged back

"When does she want the chapter? And how much more do you need to do?" He asks gently.

"I've got 10 more pages to write but I'm losing thought. She wants it in 2 days"

"That's enough time for you to go to sleep and continue tomorrow"

"But I want to hangout with you longer so if I finish tonight I'll have 2 free days with you officially with no requirements and hopes to no phone calls" I ramble as I continued to type.

"Okay. Type fast. I love you" he says kissing my lips before he headed to the bedroom.

I tossed and I turned. I could not get relaxed enough to sleep. I looked over at the time. 1:30am. She still wasn't in bed and normally it doesn't take her long to write 10 pages surprisingly. I pushed myself out of bed to go see how much longer.

I was on my last page trying to find the best ending to the whole story. I had written it awhile back but had to go through it all to have it looked over before continuing and thankfully it was almost done.

As I was on my last sentence I heard the shuffle of Aaron's feet against the hardwood floors in the hallway.

"How come your still awake?" I ask looking up.

"I can't sleep. Are you almost done?" He asks walking in and coming to sit on the floor next to my chair.

"I'm on my last sentences" I mumble as I thought of more to add.

Aaron's head laid on my right thigh as his eyes closed.

"Don't sleep their big guy" I say finally hitting the last word to finishing the sentence. I sent it to my publishers. I closed my laptop.

"Come on big guy. Let's go to bed" I say coaxing him up.

"Mmhmm don't move" he mumbles.

"Let's go to bed" I say as I stood up slowly as his head slowly fell from my leg catching himself before leaning to the floor.

He stands up with my help as he holds me from behind walking.

As I reached the bedroom I walked him over to his side of the bed and laid him down as he started to complain.

"I got to get in pjs. Calm down. I'm right here" I say rubbing his shoulder. 

"You take too long" he mumbles.

"It hasn't even been a minute. You're terrible" I chuckled.

I climbed into bed and immediately was pulled closer by Aaron's overheated hands. Where we both drifted off to sleep.