Chapter Fifty Four

*Axel*

I was starting to get worried.

Lincoln hadn't been showing up around the mansion or during some of the outside missions. Normally, he was the one covering me when I needed to go see and check up on Tristan, but he hasn't been around the last two weeks.

It's been three since that day we found out we were going to be parents and throughout the rest of the day I just kept him close to me, making sure he ate the food he needed and drank plenty of water. We laid in bed most of the day, talking about our future, our child's future, and we both agreed to start planning to leave this place behind for the time being.

Our child's safety was both our number one priority right now and waiting could only make things complicated for all of us. The entire time we laid there, I held him, wrapping my arms around his waist, lying my head gently where my baby was tucked snuggly away in my mate's womb, protected and cared for.

It was still so hard to believe as I had stared at his lower belly to see it still completely flat, his abs still prominent. Lying on our sides facing one another he just tenderly grazed his fingers in my hair as I snuggled into him more, holding him tight.

The very next morning I had to return, and it was ten times more difficult to leave him than it had before. It wasn't just him I was leaving anymore. And not being able to be there watching his belly becoming soft, growing as our baby grew, to watch him stuff his face, to learn his different weird cravings, experience his mood swings, everything I wanted to experience with him as a first time parent.

And I couldn't because I was stuck in this fucking situation. It was time to get out. I didn't want to wait anymore. Tristan was already in his third month and my birth father was due any day giving birth to my half sibling. And I still haven't heard word of that either.

No, because Lincoln dropped from the face of the earth apparently with no word of his whereabouts. And it didn't help that Han was throwing the biggest tantrum the last two days wondering where the hell he had gone off too. The last two days have been constant yelling, throwing shit, breaking things, scaring his men to near death with threats of maiming them, making them disappear and eating each other's feces if they didn't find him.

So, everyone's been quiet as a mouse hoping to stay out of his path when he's home and avoiding his wrath at all costs. I wish I could say the same. But he likes using me most as his verbal punching bag. But he knows as well as I do that I wouldn't have any idea on where his kid was at.

Sometimes Lincoln likes to disappear for a few days, not telling anyone on where he goes or what he does. It was a normal thing. But two weeks straight? It was pushing it, even for him. And I never thought I would feel this way, especially after what he did, that I would be worried about him.

Heading back to my old room I couldn't help but think of what Tristan had told me when I finally caved and told him the truth on why I didn't want anything to do with Omegas ever again before he came along.

After dinner that night we sat on the tree swing, lazily swinging back and forth while he leaned against me, playing with my fingers as he suddenly asks,

"Why do you hate Omegas?"

I tensed under him, then frowned. "When did I ever say that?" I asked incredulously.

"You didn't, not directly anyways. I overheard a conversation between you and Thomas when I first woke up here at the house. It always made me wonder. I was a little afraid that maybe I made you uncomfortable and that was why you left all the time."