Chapter Thirty Eight

*Tristan*

Cameron had to go back home, leaving me on my own in this big spacious house with no one to talk too. It's been a week since Axel had left. For the first few days everything seemed to be okay with me just missing him a whole lot. But by the fourth I was feeling down and withdrawn. Cameron sensed it and was worried about leaving me by myself.

The fact that he was a bit annoyed to find that I was sleeping in Axel's room that morning after he had left was a bit telling. He wasn't convinced that the Alpha truly was looking after my wellbeing, that when he started spouting out that all they wanted was their own pleasure and greed, I had to intervene on his view that not all Alphas were like that.

"Wait, are you serious? He didn't do anything else with you?" He asked in disbelief when I revealed to him that the two of us didn't fully have sex.

It was a bit embarrassing telling him those private things, but I couldn't take him treating Axel like he was some sex driven criminal out to break Omega hearts.

With my face heating up dramatically, I nodded. "I wanted him too, but he refused saying that wasn't the purpose of doing what he had been doing. He genuinely wanted me to feel good before he left for a couple of weeks."

Cameron had just stared at me like I had grown two heads or something. "Well...I still don't trust him." He hardheadedly states.

Honestly, I didn't know how to make him understand otherwise. Cameron's past haunted and jaded him on where Alphas were concerned. He told me a few stories of his past relationships, but I don't think he has told me the full extent of most of them. How badly did they hurt him to make him believe that all Alphas were no good?

By the sixth day without Axel, I started to feel anxious and fidgety. I couldn't seem to calm down and no matter where I sat or laid, I couldn't stay still. My inner soul was disturbed, searching for something that wasn't there. I've never felt this way before and it was foreign to me, so I wasn't sure what was wrong or how to deal with it.

I would fall asleep in my room only to wake up in Axel's every single morning. I wasn't prone to sleepwalking. I don't even remember doing it. It wasn't until Sia finally came to visit that we knew what was wrong with me. Cameron had been on edge and stiff while my cousin was here, hardly saying a word to him.

It wasn't like Sia tried either though. My cousin was just as stiff and ignore my friend like he wasn't even present in the house. I wasn't sure on how to get them to get along. The fact that he was an Alpha was all the proof that Cameron needed to stay clear of him. I felt like it was a hopeless cause with those two. At least they were civil around me.

At one point the two of them started arguing, creating an anxiety attack where all I wanted was my Alpha to hold me. Neither of them seen me slip away up to his room and before I knew it, I had raided his closet snatching anything I could that belong to him, jackets, shirts, pants, his underwear, sleepwear, workout clothes, even his socks and made a huge pile right there on his bed. Next thing I knew I had burrowed myself in the center covering my entire body with his fragrance and pheromones that instantly clamed me down.

Apparently, I wasn't even aware that I had taken one of his work shirts and put it on me sniffing it to my heart's content. I had fallen asleep right there in all that mess just to wake up to loud whispers of my cousin and best friend.

"What is he doing?" Cameron asked in a loud hushed tone.

"Are you serious right now? It's obvious what he is doing." Sia sighed, sounding unpleased. "After hearing what you just told me, its so clear that he's nesting right now."