Chapter Eighteen

*Axel*

I couldn't shake off the feeling that Tristan just left me with back in that room. I had a hard time sleeping on the couch and through most of the night I just laid there, honing my senses on his whereabouts and tuned into his breathing.

It was like I couldn't help myself at all.

My entire body wanted, needed, to feel him here in this house. To make sure he was safe right there in my bed. So, when I felt the shift of him waking up, I became hyper aware of his surroundings, but didn't move from my position.

I felt him more than hearing him move around my room wondering what he was doing. It was a long time before I heard the door to my bedroom open and seconds later the waft of his intoxicating scent hits me right in the face. My body shivers with all my hair standing on end.

Honeysuckle and citrus.

That was his scent.

It was...everything. I couldn't get enough of it, and it slowly made me want to push off this couch, head straight to him and bury my nose right into his neck and inhale like my life depended on it.

The strong urge was nearly overpowering, and I would have caved into it until his sudden anxiety and fear hits me next. I deeply frown at the sudden mood change, alarm slams through me that something was wrong.

Jetting off the couch I head for the stairs until the intense feeling calms down and I hear a scurry of footfalls race down the hall. I stand there at the end of the steps looking up to where it would lead me to him, but something made me hold back.

I was afraid of scaring him off further, remembering that he probably wasn't used to this. I had to remember that he has been holed up in his uncle's house for years. I doubt that he ever has been in another's house before, especially a stranger's home. So, of course he was anxious and nervous to be here, he more than likely didn't know what to do or how to navigate being free and having his own free will to do whatever he wanted.

Just the thought of that started to piss me off. To know that he knew hardly anything about himself, much less anything out there in the world was just, just...

I had to back away before I exploded my pheromones out of control. I couldn't let that happen again, not with Tristan wide awake and in the state of mind he was in right now. So, for long periods of moments I just stood there calmly taking deep breaths and simmering down my anger to where it was basically all gone.

Thankfully, Thomas was still asleep throughout this, otherwise I would have gotten thoroughly chewed out by him once more. He wasn't my father, but sometimes he sure as hell acted like it without really meaning too. Sometimes it irritated me and sometimes it made me feel glad.

It was an off and on feeling.

Now, however I felt a new presence waking up and it wasn't Tristan nor Thomas. I slowly head up the stairs and listened carefully to Tristan and his cousin talking. When Sia started to release angry pheromones, I knew I had to step in before it started affecting us all here in the house.

Two Alphas in the proximately of each other was bad enough, but three and an Omega that wasn't his relative...that was all kinds of bad. And it needed to be stopped before it got any worse.

But when I leaned into the doorway without either of them noticing I was standing there, I couldn't help but just stare at Tristan in all his beauty. The look on his face that was part confusion, part disbelief was cute and adorable.

Sia's pheromones hit me, making my spine stiffen with the notion to overpower his. That was when I pitched in, surprising them both with my presence.

Now I was down in the kitchen, needing to get out of there after the look Tristan had thrown my way and the scent of honeysuckle nearly choking me. I don't know what would have happened if Sia wasn't there in the room with us.