Chapter 24 - Putting things right with Danny for Daisy's sake

A week or so later

I rung Danny to arrange for him to come to the house so we could speak about sorting things out for Daisy's sake. 

"Are you going to come round or not? You wanted to see her?" I questioned him.

"Yeah I did, I'll be round in fifteen minutes" Danny replied

"OK fine" I answered before putting the phone down.

Danny was round at the house half an hour later. I let him hold Daisy. It's the first time he's held his own daughter. I have been a cow for not letting him see her, I know that but it hurt too much, after everything we'd been through. I know we won't end up back together but I just want us to talk, like the parents we're supposed to be, so we can come up with a proper childcare solution for Daisy.

"I'm not gonna lie, I was hurt. The way you just kept dumping me because I'd done wrong and then you expected to come back to me. I know I've been harsh keeping you away from Daisy and keeping you off her birth records. I shouldn't have kept you off her birth certificate so I'm going to get that changed and get you listed as her Father." I explained.

"I am sorry for everything T. I never meant to hurt you" He admitted.

"I never meant to hurt you either" I cried.

"I know there's no way back for us but I just want to be a part of my daughter's life. I just want Daisy to know who her Dad is" He told me.

"I know and I want her to know who you are as well" I answered.

"I guess we need to come up with a childcare plan eh?" He added.

"Yeah we do" I agreed.

"I was thinking, if it's alright with you obviously, that you can have her Monday morning to Friday night and I'll do Friday night and bring her back on Monday morning?" He suggested.

"Yeah that's fine" I smiled.

"Good" He responded.

"You can stay for a bit if you want?" I asked him.

"Are you sure?" He replied.

"Well, you don't have to. It was just a suggestion" I mentioned.

"No I'd love to!" He replied, clearly grateful.

"That's settled then" I spoke.

Danny stayed at mine for the afternoon, while my Mum had gone out to town. There was a knock on the door. I stood up to answer it. It was Costas.

"HIya, come in" I greeted him.

"You alright?" He asked.

"Yeah not bad and you?" I replied.

"Yeah I'm good. Wait, what's he doing here?" Costas demanded.

"He's here to see Daisy and nothing more" I told him.

"Good" Costas snapped.

"T, I better go" Danny announced.

"Yeah you better" Costas threatened.

"What about Daisy? You've been asking me to let you see her?" I quizzed him.

"Yeah I know, but I know where I'm not wanted" Danny answered.

"No, Costas can go. You can stay here with Daisy and he can come back later, can't you Costas?" I argued.

"Yeah whatever man. You try and get back with my cousin, I'll put you six feet under you little prick!" Costas threatened Danny.