Chapter 1 - School Days, Yuck!

[A/N sorry it's a bit short, the next one will be longer]

It's 9:00am. I'm late for school, AGAIN. This always happens. My Mum was shouting at me to get up. She came upstairs, came into my bedroom and pulled the duvet off my head.

"Tula! Get up now! You're late for school as it is!" She yelled at me.

"Get lost Mum!" I shouted back, pulling the covers back over my head.

"Oh no you don't young lady, get up, get dressed and go to school! You're fifteen and doing your GCSE's this year!" She snapped, before leaving my room.

I sighed and very slowly got out of bed. I walked over to my wardrobe and pulled out my uniform. It didn't smell too good but it didn't matter as I wasn't going to school anyway. Half an hour later, I made my way to Ny's house. She was good and always went to school, did her homework etc. She only ever went when she wasn't well. I knocked on Ny's front door and she answered in her pyjamas.

"Tula what you doing here? It's 9:40am" Ny asked, yawning.

"Yeah well, my Mum thinks I'm at school. Can I come in?" I asked her.

"Yeah come in" she answered, moving back a bit so I could enter the house.

"Thanks" I replied.

I followed her into the living room and we sat down on the sofa. She turned to face me.

"So why aren't you at school?" Ny wondered.

"I've got Mr Cabbage all day..." I laughed.

"Who's Mr Cabbage?" Ny grinned.

"He's called Mr Babbage but he stinks of cabbage so we call him Mr Cabbage" I laughed.

"T man ha ha!" Ny giggled.

"I know, that's why I'm not going. I can't do with him" I grumbled.

"Well, you can stay here for today. My Mum's working" Ny explained.

"Thanks. So what do you want to do?" I asked.

"Play scrabble?" Ny answered.

"Yeah go on then, where's your scrabble box?" I added.

"In that cabinet over there" Ny replied, pointing to the cabinet near the T.V

We set the scrabble box up and played that for most of the afternoon, until I had to go home at 4:00pm and my Mum discovered I'd bunked off school, and to say she wasn't very happy about it, was an understatement...