Chapter 2 - Mum Finds Out.

I got home and sure enough my Mum had a go at me for not going to school. I hated school and couldn't wait to leave, but then again, I'm sure most fifteen year olds feel like that. I was just about to walk upstairs when Mum shouted at me.

"Tula, do you know how important it is that you go to school? You need an education!" My Mum shouted at me.

"I don't care Mum! I don't want to go to school, I hate the stupid place!" I screamed at her, walking into the kitchen.

"Don't walk away from me when I'm talking to you!" She yelled at me.

"I just did" I snapped at her.

"You're in enough trouble as it is so unless you want to make it worse..." She warned.

"I just don't want to be at school, it's my life and my choice" I told her, calmly.

"I'm only looking out for you. I don't want you going down the same path I did" My Mum admitted.

"I'll go tomorrow, I promise. Can I go to my room now?" I asked her.

"Yeah go on, as long as you promise to go to school tomorrow." She repeated.

"Yeah I will" I answered.

"Good. It's only because I love you and I care about you" Mum revealed.

"I know" I smiled.

I went upstairs to text Costas. He hadn't been to school either but his parents didn't have a go at him because they were used to him not going to school.

To Costas:

Hey :)

I got a reply a few minutes later, which must have meant he's not busy, as when he's busy, he takes ages to reply. I picked my phone up as it vibrated on the bed.

From Costas:

T! You cool yeah?

To Costas:

Yeah I'm cool, my Mum gave me the third degree about not going to school. She's doing my nut in, I swear. :/

From Costas:

Naughty Tula, tut tut!

To Costas:

You can talk, you never go to school!

From Costas:

I'm joking, anyway you better come tomorrow :)

To Costas:

Why?

From Costas:

There's someone I want you to meet lol.

To Costas:

This aint one of your attempts at finding me a boyfriend is it?

From Costas:

Nah man it aint nothing like that trust me, you gonna come then yeah?

To Costas:

So what is it then? Yeah I suppose so if I must...

From Costas:

Come to school tomorrow and you'll find out. I need to go anyway cause I'm with my Dad in his studio and he's having a go at me for being on my phone.

To Costas:

Look who's in trouble now eh? Tut tut Costas!

From Costas:

Ay whatever T man, I'll see you tomorrow yeah?

To Costas:

Maybe :P

From Costas:

Oh please just come to school yeah?

To Costas:

Yeah see you tomorrow Daps!

I smiled and locked my phone. I decided to get a shower and go out to see some mates for a while. I was still intrigued by whoever Costas said he wanted me to "meet" I hoped it wasn't one of his cheesy mates who fancied me or something. Oh God, what if it was?

A few hours later.

It's 10:00pm and I'm laying in bed watching T.V. Suddenly my phone vibrates on the bedside table. It's Costas, again.

From Costas:

What do you think of this guy T? -attachment-

To Costas:

Are you actually being serious? He looks about eight years old. How old is he?

From Costas:

He looks about eight years old. Omg T man, he's the same age as me.

To Costas:

Don't lie, no he's not.

From Costas:

He is, trust me.

To Costas:

Well, whatever but why did you show me a picture of him?

From Costas:

He really likes you. Will you go out with him?

To Costas:

I'd really "go out" with an eight year old, I'd get called all sorts....

From Costas:

For God sake T! He's not eight years old, he's the same age as me. He's just small so he looks younger.

To Costas:

There is no way on this earth that guy is sixteen years old.

From Costas:

Well, he is.

To Costas:

If he likes me that much, he can "ask me out" himself.

From Costas:

Fine, I'll tell him that then.

To Costas:

You do that. What's his name anyway?

From Costas:

He's called Richard, or most people call him Rich.

To Costas:

OK fine, I'll come to school tomorrow and meet him if it will shut you up and keep you happy!

From Costas:

It will, thanks T!

I locked my phone and threw it down on my bed. As if I'd really go out with someone who looks about eight years old, even if he does happen to be the same age as my cousin. Can you imagine all the stuff I'd get called? I decided not to give it another thought and go to sleep for the night. I've got to get up for school tomorrow so I best go to sleep. Whoever this guy is that Costas is trying to set me up with can fuck right off, I know that much. I don't want a boyfriend right now, and even if I did, I can find my own. I don't need my cousin's help.