CHAPTER SIXTY ONE

"The Engagement"

Present time in Swiss

The Engagement party

Yejin is silently observing her two friends who are busy on preparing her dress and putting make ups on her face. "What do you want to wear, this one or this one?" Yumi asked her with two dress on her hands. Yejin chose the light cream body con tube dress with a feather style cardigan instead in light blue long semi gown. "I prepared this one..." She said. "By the way, Yejin... Uhm... Where did you go? We've been looking for you at the mall and we saw on the cctv in one of the store, you're with some lady. Who is she?" Yumi said. Yejin look at her and she was thinking if she'll going to tell the truth or hide it for awhile. She recall her conversion with Jin Ah a while ago.

Flashback
Yejin and Jin Ah conversation

"The Doctor said that you and your baby was okay...Here drink it." Jin Ah said and give her a box of fresh milk. She was seated on the hospital bed and she smile at her as she took it. "Thanks..." She said. She look at the baby who is sound asleep. Jin Ah look at her and she let out a deep sigh, "He's not his father..." Jin Ah said. Yejin look at her with puzzlement. "I know what you're thinking. Bin is not his father, Yej." Jin Ah said. She smile awkwardly when she realised that Jin Ah read her mind. Nam-gil, the guy that you saw in the elevator; he's his father." Jin Ah said. Yejin's eyes got widen when she heard it. Minutes of awkwardness between them, none of them has a confidence to start the conversation because of awkwardness they felt for each other. Jin Ah let out a deep sigh as she trying to gain some confidence to speak first. "Son Yejin..." "Ah Jin Ah.." They both said and they let out a small laugh because of that. "Go ahead you speak first." Yejin said as she smile at her. Jin Ah look at her and return a sincere smile before she speak. "I'm sorry..." Jin Ah said. Yejin was so surprised because for the very first time Jin Ah said that word with sincerity in her voice and in her eyes. The word that she was longing for. She look at her and trying to read her thoughts. Jin Ah look at her in her eyes and she speak once again. "Im sorry, Yej.... For giving you a hard times in the past. You didn't deserve it because you're a good person." She said. Jin Ah couldn't speak for a second because she was trying to control her emotion. "I know I've been a bad person to you. You offered me a sincere friendship but I gave you a bad memories from the past. I didn't saw your kindness because I was blind by my insecurities and jealousy." She continued and her tears started to fall from her eyes. "I let my insecurities and jealousy reign in my heart, that's why... I pushed away a rare friend like you." She said and she look at her eyes and she continue to speak, "Yejin... That Day.... The Day you almost raped, I swear.... I came back for you to stop them but... I was late... I saw you carried by your friend outside from the hallway. I'm sorry, I admit that I was the one behind of that incident. I know I deserve to be punished. " Jin Ah said as she was crying. Yejin look at to Jin Ah and her tears started to fall from her eyes. "Ah Jin Ah..." Yejin said and like Jin Ah, she couldn't control her emotion too. "I'm sorry.... I know I don't deserve your forgiveness but I'll take this opportunity to say Sorry for all the pain that I caused you. You know, I've been waiting for this day... That I can tell you this." Jin Ah said. She was crying out loud because this is the moment she was waiting for, the moment to ask forgiveness to Yejin. "All my life... I'm trying to be a good daughter for my parent's sake. I couldn't chose what I want because my father didn't allowed me to choose. That's why I started to envy you.... You are love by everyone. You didn't had to try hard to be love by everyone." Jin Ah said. Yejin felt pity for her and she adjust her sit and hold her hands. "Jin Ah... You know from the very start that I love you as my friend... You are also loved but you let your heart filled by bitterness and insecurities that's why you didn't saw that there's also some people who appreciate you and accept the real you." Yejin said. "You're my best friend... Eversince I treated you as my best friend, And to think that you're dead... I swear, I thought I lost a friend whom I cherished.... I'm sorry if I gave you up that day. I felt hurt and sad because I trusted you so much and I didn't expect that you betrayed me." Yejin said. Yejin stood up to hug her. Jin Ah felt her warm embrace and her tears continue to run down from her cheeks. Yejin hug her tight and Jin Ah return a hug to her. "Ah Jin Ah.... You're always be my best friend despite on what happened to us from the past." Yejin said. Jin Ah pull her from her hug and she continue sobbing. "Don't say that,Yej. I lied to you many times.... I don't deserve that special place in your heart. And the worst one is... I stealed your identity." Jin Ah said. She look at Yejin's eyes. "I stealed your identity, Yej. I pretend to be you. I told Bin that I'm Jin... His lost first love. For a long time I pretended to be Jin, to be you." She continue. Her tears continue falling from her eyes. "A friend will never do that, Yej... So don't say that I'm your friend because I didn't deserve to be your friend." Jin Ah said. Yejin is also crying and at the same time she felt relief because of Jin Ah's confessions and sincerity. "Aniyo... Don't say that! You're still my best friend... I already knew it. Jin Ah... I already forgive you.."Yejin said. Jin Ah look at her and Yejin smile at her sincerely. "Why you're so kind to me?... Now I know why everyone loves you... Because you have a good and loving heart, Yej. I'm sorry for all the pain I caused you." Jin Ah said and she immediately hug Yejin. Their hugging each other for a minutes. Yejin smile as she hug her. Her heart was filled of happiness because of their reconciliation and also this is the day she's been wishing for and she thought it will never happen, the day that she and Jin Ah will accept each other and it's not too late to build again their friendship.