New Neighbors (Draco Malfoy) Part 3

Draco pov

Ugh I hate her. I hate that she's in the same house as me. I hate that I have to go to the same school let alone live next to her. I hate that she's such a natural at everything, making friends, being kind, every school subject there is.

I hate that she's so beautiful. Worst of all I hate that there's no valid reason for me to hate her.

It's already two months since she's been here and she's already stealing my friends, Theo, Blaise. It seems Crabbe and Goyle like her too. But I won't, I refuse to.

I always see her hanging around Looney Lovegood, that weird and in fact, looney, ravenclaw.

I hate her so much.

Y/n pov

It's been surprisingly easy to make new friends here. People are more open than at Beaxbatons. I've made two new friends in Slytherin, Theo Nott and Blaise Zabini. Of course, Luna will always be my bestfriend.

As I walk to the Great Hall for lunch, I hear people talking in the next corridor. I don't mind until I hear my name mentioned.

I carefully look around the corner and see Theo, Blaise, and Draco. "Y/n is pretty cool. I don't know why you hate her." Blaise tells Draco. "Yeah, why don't you try talking to her and actually getting to know her instead of staring her down like a weirdo." Theo adds.

"I don't care what you say. Stop trying to force me to be friends with her. I bet that whole nice to everyone thing is a facade to ruin me. She's a bad person, I'll prove it." Theo and Blaise look at each other, "yeah okay Draco," Blaise says rolling his eyes.

They start walking towards my direction and I bolt to the Great Hall. The three of them walk in a few seconds after I sit down. Theo and Blaise look at me and I wave. They both sit next to me, Draco rolls his eyes and sits next to Pansy. She immediately clings to him like a parasite.

During lunch, the owls fly in to drop off our mail. I see I recieved a letter from my parents.

"Dear Y/n,

How is school? Have you made new friends? We haven't heard from you in a while. We're hoping it's because you're busy studying and not ignoring us. Are you and Draco getting along? We're so happy you made a new friend before the school year. We miss you tons and we love you!

                                Love,
                             Mum and Dad

I smile while reading the letter but falter when I see the mention of Draco. I want to be honest with them but they seemed so happy about me and Draco being friends.

So I lied.

Dear mum and dad,

I apologize for not writing to you sooner, school has been overloading us with work already. And yes, I have made some new great friends. My new best friend Luna is very interesting, she told me about these interesting creatures called Nargles and thestrals. She says the thestrals pull the carriages but I don't really believe her. I got sorted into Slytherin and have made some friends other than Draco. I love and miss you too!

                             Love,
                              Y/n

I didn't go to into detail about Draco. Only starting with a little lie, hopefully that's all it'll be, little.

I walk to the owlery to send the letter. The walk was nice with the sun out. I turn the corner to walk in and bump into someone. "Oh my apologies!" I look and see Draco scowling at me. "Of course its you. What are you following me now?" He sneers.

I sigh, already fed up with him, "Shrink your ego Malfoy, I'm just here to send a letter. Can you please move?" I didn't have the energy to deal with him.

"Oh yeah? What if I don't?" He moves his arms to completely block the entrance. "Then you'll just be wasting both of our times for no reason. What is this all about Draco?"

"What?"

"You being mean to me! Ever since we met, you've been a jerk to me! I've been nice to you and all you do is treat me like dirt and I'm sick of it!"

"I see right through you L/n, this whole nice princess act you got may be fooling everyone else but it's not fooling me!" He points a finger at me, determination in his eyes.

"I have no idea what you're talking about Malfoy but you need to get your head out of the gutter because it's really pissing me off!" She ended the sentence with a little shove to his chest.

Draco pov

I have no idea what came over me next but I grabbed her wrist before she pulled away and kissed her. KISSED HER! After about 2 seconds, she pushes me off. "What the hell Malfoy! You can't just hate me for 2 months and then just kiss me!"

I just stare at her in awe but also embarassment. Why did I do that? Why do I want to do it again? I fight the urge to kiss her again as she yells at me.

"Sorry, you're just really hot when you're mad." The words leave my mouth before I have the chance to stop it. What the bloody hell is wrong with me?!

She scoffs at me, "you're seriously messed up Malfoy. If you somehow forgot, you also have a girfriend!" Merlin's beard! I do have a girlfriend! But who cares about Pansy honestly? I'm just with her cuz I'm bored, I should probably break up with her though.

"You know what I'll just send this tomorrow. When you hopefully aren't here." She turns and walks down the stairs back to Hogwarts.

I stay there, standing still contemplating my thoughts. What was that? What is wrong with me?

Tbh I forgot how this was originally gonna go but oh well.