Idiot (Draco Malfoy)

"What are you thinking about?" Draco must have noticed my silence. I was talking about whatever thought came to mind a few minutes ago. "Nothing." That was a lie but he hummed in response.

"What are you thinking about?" I turn the attention on him. He smiled and looked down at me, "you."

I smiled and his my face in his neck, feeling heat rise to my cheeks. He chuckles and kisses the side of my head while rubbing my back.

"Draco?" I place my head back on his chest. "Yes love?" He continues to gently rub my back. "Why don't you want me to meet your friends?" His hands still and he tenses. "I just dont think you'd like them."

"I won't know unless I meet them." He sighs, "you'll meet them eventually. Just not now." I nod and he strokes my back again.

We've been together for about two months and I still havent met his friends. He's met mine but everytime I bring up his, he changes the subject. I didnt mind at first but now it's been bugging me. What is he hiding?

I'm walking through the corridors with Padma and Parvati when I hear laughing. I just figured it was some group of friends messing around, none of my business. That's until I hear "good one Malfoy!" Draco?

He must be with his friends. Maybe this is my chance to meet them. "I'll see you two later." I tell the twins and go to the direction of the laughter.

When I turn the corner, I see Draco with two other Slytherin boys. Draco is laughing and it makes me smile. My smile quickly drops when I see that they're pushing a first year to each other.

Throwing his books to the floor and shoving him to each other as if he was a ball. "What a filthy mudblood!" One of the boys say and Draco laughs, shoving the first year harder and he falls to the ground.

The boy runs off with tears in his eyes causing Draco and the other boys to laugh harder.

"Draco?" His head turned to my direction and his eyes widened. "Y/n!" His smile dropped when he realized I saw everything.

"Wha- what are you doing?" I stood there shocked. This whole time I believed he was this sweet guy but that was a side only I got to see. This version I'm seeing now is what everyone else sees.

"Who are you?" One of the boys asked. "I'm Y/n, his girlfriend." I didn't smile at them like I planned to do, not after what they did. "You have a girlfriend?" The other boy asked Draco. My eyes began to water. He didn't even tell them about me?

"Y/n let me explai-" he stepped forward but I stepped back. "Explain what Draco? How you were bullying that poor first year for fun? That you didn't want me to meet your friends because you were afraid of who I would really see?" I wiped the tears that began to form "I thought you were a sweet and caring guy Draco. I never thought of you as someone who would bully other people." My voice broke slightly, I felt betrayed.

"Malfoy? Sweet? That's funny." Draco elbowed his friend in the side causing him to wince.

"Yeah. I see that now." I turn around and walk to my dorm. "Y/n wait!" I heard footsteps but they haltered, "leave her be Malfoy. Just find some other girl, she's not worth your trouble." I gave up on trying to stop the tears.

The next few days, I avoided Draco like the plague. I wouldn't let him get a breath in to speak to me. I felt betrayed, lied to. I felt like the boy I loved was a facade. What if he was faking it to gain control or power over me? What if this whole love thing was a lie and none of it was real?

He could've been cheating on me and I would've never known because I was too blinded by my love for him. In my eyes, he would've done nothing wrong. I see now that I was wrong.

I'm waiting in my room for Padma and Parvati to arrive. We're supposed to be going to Hogsmeade to celebrate birthday early. I hear a knock on my door and eagerly get up to answer it.

When I open the door, my face drops. Its Draco. "Hi." He says shyly. "Malfoy." I cross my arms to seem intimidating, in reality, it's to block my heart from him breaking it more than he already has.

"Y/n I'm sorry." I scoff, "why are you apologizing to me? You should be apologizing to that first year you were tormenting. Better yet, all of the other students you were probably tormenting as well." I snapped at him.

His eyes widened in shock, not expecting me to lash out on him. "Okay I deserved that." He sighed, "You were right Y/n. I didnt want you to meet my friends because I was ashamed of who I was around them and everyone else."

"You're a coward then. Draco I feel lied to. Like you were fake being nice with me while everyone else sees the real you. I feel like I dont even know you. I mean did you even love me?"

He frantically shakes his head, "Y/n, you have always known the real me. You're the only person I am myself with. The only person I feel completely comfortable and vulnerable with. Everything with you has always been real. Every emotion, action, breath, it was all real with you. So yes, I'm a coward but I'll be braver...for you."

"Please love. I'll be better" he pleaded and I can see that he meant it. I opened my arms and he didnt hesitate to embrace me. "I missed you so much." He kissed my cheek. "Its only been a few days" I chuckle. "Felt more like a lifetime. A horrible lifetime without you."

I chuckle at his cheesiness. "You're an idiot Draco Malfoy." I look down to hide my blush but he lifts my chin up. "Maybe, but I'm your idiot Y/n L/n." I smile and he kisses my lips.

"I promise I will apologize to every student I ever bullied. I'll earn your trust again if it's the last thing I do. "Good"

Hey guys! Sorry I havent updated in so long. I've had the worst writers block and just felt super unmotivated. Also a lot has been happening(in my love life surprisingly.)

Long story short, I met this guy and he started liking me and i liked him but we decided to stay friends due to stuff I'm not gonna get into. (Also the beginning of this story kinda happened to be irl 👀)

Aaaaaanyway I want to say I'll update more but tbh I probably wont and I dont wanna get ur hopes up