Quidditch Tryouts (Oliver Wood)

House: Gryffindor
Year: 5

Today is quidditch tryouts. Oliver has been begging me to try out for weeks now. I always told him I'll think about it but I was always gonna try out, I like messing with him.

I was eating breakfast and of course Oliver was talking about quidditch tryouts. "So are you gonna try out?" He asked me raising his eyebrows. I roll my eyes, "I don't know am I?" I smirk at him. "Come on Y/n how can you be a fan of quidditch and not try out? I want my bestfriend on the team!" I just ignore him.

During potions, the Weasley twins come up to me. "Hey did you hear that Harry Potter is on the quidditch team?" George whisper. Harry Potter? "How? He's a 1st year. And did he even try out?" I whisper back trying not to get caught.

"Wood says he's good. Speaking of tryouts, are you gonna try out?" Fred whispers. "Don't tell Oliver, but yes." They both smile. "Alright! I'm sure you're gonna get on the team. You're really good, almost as good as me." Fred whispers. I roll my eyes and lightly hit him.

"Class dismissed" Snape says in his boring voice. "Miss L/n and Weasleys, don't let me catch you talking in my class again." I look at the twins and we just walk out. "Well see you at the quidditch field Y/n!" George says before they run off. Try outs are in an hour so I have time to do a little bit of homework.

1 hour later

When I get to the quidditch field, there are a lot of people. "Wow this is not intimidating at all." I whisper to myself. I see Oliver standing in front of the crowd of people. He looks at me and his face lights up. He runs towards me with a smile on his face. "What are you doing here?" I smirk "I decided to try out." His smile grows even more.

"YES! Oh my Merlin!" He says picking me up and hugging me. "You're already on the team!" He says really fast. "What? But I didn't even try out yet!" I say laughing. "You don't have to I already know how good you are." I roll my eyes. "Ollie." I really don't want to get on the team this way. "Ugh fine you can try out with all the newbies." I laugh and go over to the crowd of people.

"Okay! Everyone I'll be putting you through drills and see how good you are! Get in whatever position you want!" Oliver yelled and everyone got to their positions. I was trying out for Chaser so I got to the Chaser position.

I used to play quidditch with my brothers when I was younger. I was the fastest in the whole family. Oliver was at the Keeper goal watching me. "Wooooh! You got this Y/n!" He yelled making me more confident.

Try outs was finally over and I'm exhausted. "Okay I'll put up a list later today! Thanks everyone!" Oliver said and everyone left. He walked up to me also sweating. "You know you're already on the team right?" I chuckled out of breath. "I better be cuz I'm tired!" We both laughed and walked to the our dorms to shower.

After showering, Oliver came to my room to hang out. "You did really good today." He said sitting on my bed. "Thanks! All of the hot sunny days with my brothers paid off." We both laughed and I laid on my bed hugging him. He put his arm around me and played with my hair.

"Y/n?" He asked freezing a little bit. "Hmm?" He took a deep breath. "Would you be my girlfriend?" I could tell he was nervous. I smile and look up at him. "Yes." I say and kiss his cheek then laying my head back on his chest. I could tell he's smiling.

He hugs me tighter and kisses my head. We both fall asleep for the first time as boyfriend and girlfriend.

3 weeks later

Today was our first game of the year. It was Gryffindor vs Slytherin, I was pretty nervous but I know we got this. Especially with Harry as our seeker, the kid is amazing. He might even be better than Charlie Weasley.

"Everyone got the plan? Good! Let's go." Oliver says and we head out. We get to our spots and wait for the door to open. "Scared Harry?" Oliver asks. "A little." Harry responds. "That's alright. I felt the same way before my first game."

"What happened?" Harry asked looking up at him. "I uh I don't really remember. I took a bludger to the head 2 minutes in. Woke up in hospital a week later." I giggle, "I don't think that's helping him Ollie." The door opens and we fly to our positions.

The game was really intense and Harry caught the snitch. "HARRY POTTER HAS CAUGHT THE SNITCH! GRYFFINDOR WINS!" Lee Jordan announces. The crowd goes wild and the gryffindor team flies down and starts cheering. Oliver then grabs me and kisses me.