We Can't (Tom Riddle)

A/n
I know Tom cant feel love and is evil but he's just a normal teenager in this story.

House: Slytherin
Year: 6

I was just sitting in the library studying for a potions test when I heard giggling. I looked up from my book and saw Tom Riddle with his girlfriend Rachel Hart, a fellow slytherin.

Me and Tom used to be close friends, until Rachel got jealous and forced Tom to stop being friends with me. GOD SHE'S SO IRRITATING! I have no idea what he sees in her.

Tom looked a little less happy than he usually is, he looked more annoyed and miserable. Of course I miss Tom, he was my bestfriend, it's his dumb girlfriend that I hate. Seeing her made me not want to be in the library so I left.

I tried walking past them as fast as possible. "Y/n" Tom said. UGH HE SAW ME, "Tom" I said with a straight face continuing to walk. "Ugh don't talk to her" I heard Rachel say as I left the library. I really just wanna punch her so hard.

I got to the common room, luckily everyone was at dinner, I wasnt really hungry. I didn't really feel like studying either so I just read my book. I heard someone walk in but I was too into my book to care. The person walked up to me and snatched my book.

"HEY GIVE IT BACK!" When I looked up, it was one of the people I did not want to see, Tom Marvolo Riddle. "Since when did you read? You hate reading." Tom said looking at my book. "You would know if you didnt stop being friends with me. After you left, I had nothing better to do" I said snatching my book back. Tom looked down at his feet, "look I'm sorry about that. I didn't want to stop being your friend but Rachel was just jealous."

I just rolled my eyes, "Where is your parasite girlfriend anyway?" Tom chuckled at this, "she's at dinner, I wasnt that hungry. Mind if I sit here?" He said pointing to the spot next to me. "Sure" I said scooting over.

"Remember when I snuck out of the orphanage and we met for the first time?" Tom said while sitting down. "Of course I do. I didn't want to read a book my mom gave me so I ran away." We both laughed

We laughed and talked about a whole bunch of memories we had together. It felt like we never stopped being friends. "I missed this" I said smiling looking at him. "I missed this too" he said smiling and looking back at me.

He stared at me for a few seconds before talking. "Y/n," Tom started, "I couldn't stop thinking about you for so long. When I'm with Rachel, all I think about is you." "Tom." I tried to say something but nothing came out. Of course I like him back, I always have.

We stared at each other for what felt like forever. We both started leaning in, are lips were inches away. I've had a crush on Tom since 1st year but for obvious reasons, I never told him. I remembered that Tom had a girlfriend, even though I hate her, I know its wrong.

I pulled away sighing and looking down. "What's wrong?" "Tom we can't. You have a girlfriend." I said still looking down. "I thought you hated Rachel" Tom said confused. "I do but I cant let you cheat on her, that's wrong" I said finally looking at him.

Tom pulled away and sighed, "then I guess I'll have to break up with her." I got butterflies when he said this "Okay well come back to me when you do" I said standing up. Just then, Rachel walks in, great, I walked away and went back up to my dorm.

Tom pov

"Heyyyy Tommy" Rachel said. GOD I HATE THAT NAME "Oh uh hey Rachel." I sighed and looked at her "Look Rachel I don't want to be with you anymore. I'm breaking up with you." I walked away right after saying that, I felt a little bad but she made me kick y/n out of my life, the only person I truly loved. That was my biggest mistake ever. I quickly walked up to y/n's room and knocked on the door.

Y/n's pov

I was reading my book when I heard someone knocking eagerly. I got up and opened the door, it was Tom. He took a step towards placing a hand on my cheek and crashed his lips onto mine, I was a little shocked but quickly kissed him back. I put my hands on his neck, and his went to my waist pulling me closer

I pulled away and looked at him. "Wait did you break up with her?!" I said out of breath. "Yes I broke up with her! I couldn't stand not having you in my life anymore. You're the one I want" Tom said leaning his forward against mine and looking in my eyes. I smiled staring back into his eyes "And you're the one I want. You always were."

Tom smiled and kissed me again. He pushed me back into my room and shut the door. He pushed me onto my bed. We made out for a few minutes, we cuddled after. I was laying on his chest holding his hand. I felt Tom move his head to look at me, I looked up at him and he said, "I love you y/n" while staring into my eyes. I smiled so wide, "I love you too Tom." We kissed and fell asleep.

The next morning

I woke up and when I opened my eyes, I saw the best view, Tom. He opened his eyes I smiled, him smiling back. "Goodmorning girlfriend" God his morning voice is so hot. "Goodmorning boyfriend" I said smiling and kissed him.

"Shoot we have to get to class!" I said getting up. He groaned and said "ugh cant we just stay here? I just wanna be with you all day." I laughed, "come one Tom we have to get to class! We already missed breakfast" "Fine."

Tom and I ran to potions hand in hand laughing. Thankfully we came just in time, we sat next to each other still holding hands. I turned around and saw Rachel glaring at me, I couldn't care less, I have the man of my dreams and I'm living my best life.

I thought of this just today and I actually really like it. Let me know if you want a part 2