Promise (Tom Riddle)

"After we leave this place, we'll move in together. Make ourselves a new home. After that, I'll marry you. Mark my words Y/n."

It was foolish of me to believe him. Tom Riddle is nothing but a liar. And I was so stupid enough to believe his words when he told me this. That he wanted to be with me forever, that he loved me.

After graduating, he left me. He was nowhere to be found, it's like he disappeared from the face of the earth. Just gone. To say I was upset would be an understatement. I was furious.

He lied to me and I believed him. After about a week of waiting around for him and crying, I decided to make a living of my own. I got a job at The Three Broomsticks to earn enough money for my own place.

I dont need Tom Riddle to be happy, I was fine before meeting him, I can be fine after. I just got home from a long day at work. I was watching tv and eating my dinner when I heard a knock on the door.

I turned my head in confusion. Who could be knocking at this time? It was 10:00 and none of my friends would come here this late. I turned off the tv and grabbed my wand.

When I opened the door, its like my heart broke into a million pieces. The glue I used to restore it finally wore out. "Honey I'm home." Tom said smiling while holding a bouquet of my favorite flowers.

"What are you doing here?" I snapped coldly. His smile faltered. "I told you we'll move in together after hogwarts. You didn't think I'd break my promise did you?" He walked past me and set the flowers in a vase.

"You dont get to waltz in here and act like everything will be okay! Like I'll immediately jump into your arms! I waited for you and you never showed up!"

He paused after setting the vase of flowers down after filling it with water. He didn't face me. He stayed still.

"I'm sorry," he finally faced me. "I know I messed up and I ruined everything but I'm better now! I want to be with you. I know I screwed up but I've changed! You can count on me now I promise!"

I was loss for words. "How can I trust you? I havent heard from or seen you for over a year I dont know what kind of stuff you've been up to!" I snapped back. "And why come back now-"

"Because I love you!"

I was taken aback. He never said those words before throughout our 3 year relationship. He would express his love but he never said those exact words. "What?" Those were the only words I can say.

"I'm still so deeply in love with you. I couldn't stay after we graduated because I knew I would just burden you with my problems. I had to get my life together before I could fully be yours. I'm here because I finally felt like I was enough. And I missed you."

Tears appeared in both of our eyes. "Y/n, please take me back," he stepped closer and held my hands, "I love you." I cupped his face and smashed our lips together. He paused before kissing me back.

His arms wrapped around my waist and lifted me up on the counter. I pulled away and leaned my forehead on his. "I love you too. And I missed you so much."

He smiled and stroked my cheek. "I love you too darling. And I promise I'll never leave you again. I couldn't stand being away from you." He connected our lips again more passionately. "I missed these lips of yours." He muttered causing me to giggle.

He moved some of his things in, he didn't have much. We cuddled while watching tv on the couch. "Dont think I forgot my promise to you." He whispered. I lifted my head up from his chest, "what promise?"

He smiled and tucked a strand of hair away from my face. "That I'll marry you." I smiled and gave him a long kiss. "I look forward to it." We won't get married right away. We'll take our time, and Tom was willing to wait however long I needed.

I actually really like this one. Tom's speech was inspired by Jess's speech to Rory in Gilmore Girls lol

Also I made a Conrad Fisher oneshots book so you should check that out ;)