Fail (Oliver Wood)

House: Ravenclaw
Year: 6

Oliver pov

Ugh this is a mess, I need help. I've been trying to plan a way to ask Y/n out. I've had a crush on her for 3 years now. I want it to be perfect, something to really make her say yes. Maybe I should ask Fred and George.

I walk around the corridors looking for the twins. I finally found them, they were planning a prank on Snape. "Fred, George!" I say walking over to them. "Ah Wood. What's up?" They say looking at me.

"I need to find a way to ask Y/n out on a date. Can you help me?" I say once I get to them. They think for a bit. "What do we get in return?" They say crossing their arms.

"I'll give you 2 sickles." They raise their eyebrows. I roll my eyes "Fine 10 sickles." They smirk and hold out their hands to shake. "Deal" I shake their hands and we get to work.

Y/n pov

The next day

"Hey have you seen Oliver?" I ask Cho, a fellow Ravenclaw. "No I havent seen him." I walk off and find the Weasley twins. "Hey guys have you seen Oliver?" They look at each other smirking. Something's up.

"I think he's outside in front of the castle." George says. I furrow my eyebrows and run to the front of the castle, the twins running behind me. When I get to the front, Oliver is standing there.

"Hey what are you doing out here?" All of a sudden he throws something in the air. A big explosion appears and words start to form. It said "Y/n will you stop being my friend?"

"Wait what?" He turns around confused and looks up. "Fine! you'll never have to see me again!" I run away and go to Ravenclaw tower.

Oliver pov

"What the heck was that?!" I yell at the twins. "I guess we still need to work on it." Fred says. "Great now I screwed things up with Y/n!" I say sighing.

"Hey you can still ask her out." George says. "Yeah just ask her out normally, I'm sure she'll still appreciate it." Fred says finishing his brother's sentence. "I guess I'll give it a shot." I pick up the bouquet of flowers and walk to the Ravenclaw tower.

I couldn't get in since you need to solve a riddle that only Ravenclaws can solve. I sit outside the door waiting for someone to come out. Finally, Luna Lovegood walks out. "Luna is Y/n in there?" I say walking over to her. "Yes why?" She says in her soft voice.

"Can you tell her to come out here? I need to talk to her." She nods and starts to walk back inside. "Don't tell her who's out here though." And now we wait.

Y/n pov

Why would Oliver tell me to stop being his friend. Does he not like me? I've had a crush on him for 3 years and being his friend is the only way to be close to him. I was sitting on my bed thinking when I heard a knock on my door.

I opened it and Luna, a first year, was standing there. "Oh hi Luna. What's up?" She smiled. "There is someone waiting outside the tower for you." I furrow my eyebrows and walk outside. Oliver was standing there.

"I thought you didn't want to be friends anymore." I said with a straight face. "I didn't mean that. The fireworks were messed up" He said. He pulled out a bouquet of my favorite flowers. "It was supposed to say "Y/n will you go out on a date with me?""

"Wait what?" I said shocked. He walked closer to me. "Y/n L/n, will you go out on a date with me?" He said with hope in his eyes. I took the flowers from his hands, "I would love to Oliver." He smiled and started blushing.

"Um great is Saturday good?" He said nervously. "Saturday is perfect." I said smiling. "O-okay bye." He said nervously. I walked back in the common room smelling the flowers.