Chapter 886 The End of an Era

Bishop Winster leaned slightly and saluted.

  His movements are standard and elegant and have been maintained for a long, long time.

  The Queen's exoneration was delayed, and Bishop Winster's head was not lifted for a long time.

  It wasn't until after long silence that Maria II sighed :

  " my lord bishop... ...excuse me."

  The voice, old and majestic, seemed to no longer have the tenderness of calling Bishop Winster.

  Monsignor Winster's movements were slight.

  He slowly got up, some hiding, some complex eyes again to the late queen, only to find that the other side no longer looked at him, but continued to look out the window.

  Maria II was half lying in bed.

  The golden sun fell on her body, and the queen's slanted and long shadow cast on the soft and gorgeous elf carpet on the ground, setting off her already thin figure even thinner.

  It's hard to imagine that it was such a weak and thin body that carried the entire vast Holy Mania Empire.

  A breeze blew from the window, making Maria II's somewhat messy hair even more messy.

  Her eyes stopped outside the window on the lonely tall and lush horse chestnut tree in the garden, looking at the luxuriant branches and leaves, watching the birds jumping around happily between the treetops, slightly dazed.

  Bishop Winster recognized that it was a tree planted with the Queen when she was young and not enthroned.

  It was just a delicate sapling, but now it has a rich and huge shade.

  Just, once around the growing young trees giggling running around the girl, once always like a follower in the general stick behind the girl, love to cry the little devil, but never see.

  "Your Excellency, I'd like to see the palace tower. Will you accompany me?"

  A long time later, Maria II's voice came again.

  Her voice was hoarse and majestic.

  But under his majesty, Bishop Winster seemed to hear a cry of loneliness.

  This made him prepared "Your Majesty is weak, need to rest and not walk" refusal blocked in his throat, unable to say.

  With a sigh, Bishop Winster turned slowly and looked out the door, intending to call the maid in, but was soon stopped by the Queen :

  "Don't call anyone else, you and me, you hold me, help me down..."

  Bishop Winster again had a small meal.

  He hesitated for a moment, but with a sigh from the bottom of his heart, he met Maria II's firm eyes.

  With a respectful hand, Bishop Winster lifted Maria II up with the most standard movement of the clergy to support the elderly Queen during the ceremony.

  The queen's body was thinner than she thought, and her arms were already dry, like dead branches.

  Bishop Winster was holding her, and she couldn't feel much weight.

  "Your Majesty ! Why are you up?!

  The maids and guards were startled to see the Queen, supported by Winster, appeared at the door of the temple.

  They wanted to help Maria II, but she shook her head to stop him :

  "No, I feel some strength now. I'm going to the tower to see..."

  " your majesty..."

  Looking at Maria II's trembling appearance, the maids and guards looked worried.

  However, in the face of the Queen's majestic and unquestionable eyes, they eventually had to bow their heads and fall respectfully behind them, following them towards the palace tower.

  The tower of the palace is the tallest building in the whole palace, where it offers a beautiful view of the whole city of Mania.

  Maria II has always liked to climb the tower and overlook the capital.

  It's just that she hasn't been there since she got sick two years ago ... ...

  Winster helped the elderly queen and walked towards the tower.

  They walked on and off for 20 minutes, the distance that could be reached in five minutes at most on weekdays.

  And when she began to climb the tower, Maria II's weak body was exhausted, and every few steps she walked, she was breathless and rested for a long, long time ... ...

  "Your Majesty... ...or... ...we might as well go back?"

  Looking at the Queen's difficult and painful appearance, Bishop Winster could not help but say.

  Maria II did not answer, but shook her head firmly.

  Her haggard arms, one clinging tightly to the armrest, held tightly to Bishop Winster's shoulder.

  That somewhat trembling body, is unprecedented determination.

  Bishop Winster sighed secretly and quietly turned a trace of faith into a blessing into Maria II's body.

  Maria II has a small meal.

  The next moment, she seemed to ease up a lot.

  Somehow long later, the two finally ascended the tower, the highest point of the Imperial Palace.

  Struggling to get out of Bishop Winster's help and refusing the maid's help again, Maria II gasped and held the railings to the tower's observation deck.

  Standing on the stage, her eyes looked beyond the tower, at the beautiful city with the reputation of "the light of the empire".

  Here, the magnificent scenery of the entire city of Mania can be seen clearly, whether it's the tall landmark of the outer city, the Doloria Castle Prison, or the sacred and solemn Eternal Cathedral of the inner city.

  Here, you can see the city's crisscrossed streets, see the rows of elegant buildings, see the streets of sparse pedestrians ... ...

  Maria II's eyes swept over the minaret of the Eternal Cathedral, over the imperial flag flying in the sacred square, over the gloomy Doloria Castle at the end of the main road, and finally in the red cloud of flames ... ...

  The evening was dim, the setting sun was like blood, and the sunset at the end of the sky was like a gilt, and it was round.

  Radiant, piercing eye masks like a dream, so unreal.

  Church bells rang, and flocks of doves flew from the square and around the city's towers.

  The setting sun casts gold on the earth, and the whole city of Mania is covered with cicada-like gold gauze, and even the earth is covered with mysterious colors.

  Looking at the magnificent scenery in the setting sun, the queen's eyes were a little blurred.

  She reached out gently, leaned into the air, as if trying to grab something, but eventually, slowly retracted ... ...

  "It's dusk..."

  Maria II sighed softly.

  " yes, your majesty, it's dusk."

  Bishop Winster sighed.

  Maria II nodded gently, her murky eyes cast into the distance, and eventually stopped on the grey castle of the noble parliament building next to the sacred square.

  Her eyes suddenly became a little dark.

  " is the grand council... ...not over yet?"

  She asked.

  " back to your majesty, not yet."

  Bishop Winster replied.

  Hearing his words, the old queen seemed to think of something, a scornful smile, slowly shook her head :

  "You're fighting over who's going to succeed the throne ? This group of worms have everything in mind, but there is no Holy Mania Empire...

Bishop Winster was silent and did not take on the topic of Maria II.

  Maria II, after saying a few words, seemed to lose interest when she saw that the other side did not respond.

  She quietly looked at the sunset, no words.

  Gradually, the sunset gradually converged its light and became mild.

  It walked like a man, slowly approaching the distant mountains.

  The brilliance is no longer dazzling, but a ball of red gizzard, like a soft magic lamp of flame.

  "Your Excellency, may I ask you one thing?"

  Suddenly the queen spoke again.

  " your majesty, please speak."

  Bishop Winster was respectful.

  Maria II turned back slowly and looked at him.

  There was a hint of silence in her murky emerald eyes :

  "Politics is cruel, but little Theresa is innocent."

  "I never raised her as an heir. She was supposed to be a carefree maiden..."

  With that, Maria took a fancy to Bishop Winster, with a hint of prayer in her eyes :

  "Your Excellency, if one day there comes a time... ...for Theresa, will you help her in my friendship?"

  At the words of Maria II, Bishop Winster sighed.

  He knows that.

  Maria II's heir should not have been Princess Teresa.

  Her heir, who should have placed high hopes on her, has long been the legendary Kensei's only son, Grand Duke Xilin.

  That's a fine man and a qualified heir to the throne.

  Unfortunately, in a rebellion a few years ago, the grand duke unfortunately died in a duel with the rebel leader, leaving only young daughter Teresa ... ...

  "Your Majesty, I am the Cardinal Archbishop of the Empire and one of the Electors of the Church, and will naturally support Princess Theresa when she is in trouble."

  Bishop Winster replied.

  However, after listening to his response, Maria II did not seem too satisfied.

  She hangs down her eyelids slowly, her voice is a little lonely :

  "Just... ...is it a bishop?"

  Bishop Winster was silent.

  Moments later, he opened his mouth to answer, but was stopped by the Queen.

  "That's it, that's it..."

  "Winstchen, you... ...stand down, I want to be alone here again to see the view... ...I want to be alone for a while..."

  said Maria II.

  Her voice, no longer a trace of fragility, but completely restored to the majesty of the past.

  Magnificent and alienated, alienated and lonely.

  Bishop Winster opened his mouth and looked at the Queen's back with a flash of regret.

  After hesitation for a long time, he saluted the queen's back :

  " aye, the sun of the empire, the great queen..."

  Then, slowly retreated.

  Only, on the stairway to the tower, Bishop Winster could not help but stop again.

  He looked back at the queen, who grew smaller in the sunset, and sighed :

  "Theresa is my granddaughter after all, and I will protect her life whenever it comes..."

  "As long as I have a breath, I will keep her safe."

  At Bishop Winster's words, Maria II's back trembled slightly.

  Her fingers clenched slightly and slowly loosened again.

  Bishop Winster is no longer staying.

  He turned around and left the tower.

  The Imperial Palace at dusk seemed more lonely.

  I don't know if it's dinner time, even the maids and bodyguards seem to be less.

  Bishop Winster walked alone on the avenue of the palace to the outside, his shadow pulled long and long in the sunset, and behind him, the magnificent palace had slowly sunk into darkness.

  Suddenly, a harsh chime came from a distance, and Bishop Winster's movements were a little bit muted.

  The bell, not from the direction of the church, but from the imperial palace behind him.

  And the bells in the palace only ring when something big happens to the empire.

  The last time it struck, it was a few years ago when the news of the death of the Grand Duke of Xilin reached the capital.

  The bells sounded dull and heavy, deafening, twelve strokes, echoing in the open setting sun... for a long time, without calm.

  Hearing the bell, Bishop Winster could not help but look back at the tower.

  The depths of his eyes passed a touch of darkness, a touch of sentimentality, and a touch of blankness.

  Twelve bells toll only represent one thing in the history of the Empire.

  Then the emperor of the empire, returned to the kingdom of the true gods ... ...

  A crystal flashed through the depths of Bishop Winster's eyes.

  He wiped the corner of his eye, and without hesitation, he walked out of the palace.

  At this moment, Bishop Winster knew that, with the long ringing of the palace bells, the bygone era was slowly coming to an end ... ...

  ……

  Eternal Era On June 17, 1073, Maria von Tres II, the queen who ruled the most powerful empire on the Segways continent for 70 years, died in the Imperial Palace Tower at the age of 84.

  Three days later, the imperial aristocrats eventually overwhelmed the opposition of the small and medium aristocrats and gained the dominant power of the parliament and the successor to the throne.

  At the age of 15, Princess Teresa, the granddaughter of Mary II, won the election with five votes and one abstention from the six current electors, and was embraced by the aristocrats and the church as the new queen of the empire.

  To distinguish another empress in the history of the empire, also named Theresa, UU read www.uukanshu.com The new empress is known as Theresa II.

  Seven days later, Teresa II was officially crowned emperor in the Eternal Cathedral.

  Because of the jihad, most of the aristocrats were unable to attend, and the treasury was empty for years, the coronation was shabby, with only the representatives of the aristocrats and the court aristocrats in the imperial aristocrats.

  But even so, the young girl officially took over the imperial scepter and wore a heavy crown.

  And a day after Theresa II succeeded to the throne, the Imperial Council of Nobles issued the first edict of the new emperor's succession in the name of the Queen, forming a Regent's Cabinet with the participation of the Grand Nobles and Archbishops.

  In order to win the Great Jihad, to defeat the ambitious infidels, to replenish the empty treasury and the consumed army, the Imperial Parliament voted unanimously to pass the new tax bill and the draft bill.

  In the bill, the imperial center liberalized various restrictions on the aristocrats and agreed to raise new taxes on the major territories, recruit more soldiers and form a new aristocrat coalition.

  When the news spread, there was an uproar and public resentment across the empire.