45

Our client was given the death penalty without no possibility of parole. This was our last attempt as an appeal. His family didn't have anymore money to help Jorge Vargas.

Avery and Jane thank you for doing all you could for me. I know you tried everything.  We did. I accept my faith. My life is in God's hands now . Thank goodness California isn't following through with the death penalty. I will live in jail and deal with it. Avery and I are sorry. 

The deputies took him and we left not pleased.  We decided to go to our cousins place. Avery wanted to see how the above ground pool work came out in the backyard. They wanted their own pool that they could take with them. They had been working on the changes for the past month a little each day after work.  Avery is their landlord so she had the keys to all of their places.

We left the court house after speaking with his family. They hugged us and the wife asked us if we had fast vests on. We said yes and explained why. We eventually made it to Graceland and parked in the back .

This is what their backyard use to look like.

Wow this came out nice baby girl.

They redid the stair case too. This fits them more than the previous one. They used part of their money and did the work themselves. I paid for the supplies and the labor. If they move out, they said they would sell me the above ground pool.  It seems  baby girl you will get the better half of the deal especially since not too many brownstones around here have pools in them.

We took our shoes and sat on the edge of the pool. We discussed how we could of changed to possibly win the case. We finally decided we did everything.  We finally left after we text Kevin and Antonio telling them they did a good job. They both were happy with it too.

Antonio and Kevin's text us back stating they caught the last two but they were killed in the jail. The black gangs killed them but no one could prove it. Yilena was dealing with the fallout.  Liz and a few others were on paid leave while they investigated it. They shot and killed some of the other prisoners when the bean bag and tazers didn't stop it.

We felt bad for our buddies but knew it was part of the job.

Melina it's over with. We all can go back to the house.  I left court to tell you I picked up all of stuff from the hotel and brought it back to the house. The last of them were arrested but were killed in jail by the black gangs. They are investigating to see who tried to kill them before Liz and a few other deputies shot them when the bean bags and tazers didn't work.  They were high on coke per Davjd when he did the autopsy. I will be leaving here soon. I will meet you at home.

Liz you know we didn't have any other choice.  I know. I know it was a good shoot. Unfortunately,  babe they had the cameras all covered we could only hear what was happening. Sheriff thank you. Here is my  badge and gun. Liz we should be done next week with the investigation.  Internal affairs is waiting now.

I kissed my wife bye and left to go being interviewed by Internal affairs.

Dang it Yilena I just got a call.  Jane and Avery's client who was sentenced today killed the other two living inmates before he died. He told a fellow prisoner this is for my attorneys who did everything to get me off. Shit Jay my jail is not being safe anyone.  I know.  We know this happens. Yes Jay but not at thr frequency it has this past year.  We already had the grand jury clear us now we have four more die in the jail and numerous people hurt inmates and deputies. It makes us look like we have no control over the county jail.  Yilena alot was out of our deputies hands you cannot take it personal. We will get through this like the others. I now have a press conference to do.

We left to the jail. I wanted to get to the bottom of all the killings and Jay had to deal with the PR night mare.

We drove up and we were let in to the back which wasn't easy.

Yilena you go deal with the others while I deal with the media. OKAY.

I went out front.

Sheriff more killings. The prisoners are safer on the streets.

I am a few words to say and I won't be answering any questions.

Today we had too many deaths and injury in the county jail. Four of them were responsible for setting off bombs.  As far as we know, all the C4 has been accounted for. FBI,  Sacramento Police and my deputies have been working around the clock. Unfortunately, we have some deaths from people in the buildings. My condolences to all that dies giving their lives to protect our law officers and our Sacramento Fire employees.   Is it true Jorge Vargas did this for his attorneys. Thank you for coming out. An investigation is occurring so please give us time.

I left and the media was still around and not happy.

Dr. Berman do you need more help?No I have enough coroner's to cover our existing corpses and these here.  Yilena call Jane and Avery and let them know. I already did. They said they spoke with his family already.  Jane said the law firm is paying for his funeral. They were not expecting him to do this. Have we found out anything? No is saying anything out of fear.  I have the entire place on lock down and the ones who are expected to leave for other jails and prisons have left.  Some are still here waiting to be interviewed.  I highly doubt we will find anything out. Yilena go home and the people here will continue.  I am going home too. It's already 8.