24

Ah shit you got to be kidding me. What is wrong Jane? The pipe busted in our bathroom.  Lisa I have the tools but need the parts. I will write everything I need. Please go to home depot to pick it up.  I already  turned the main water valve so until you get back and it's fixed no water.

Lisa left and I called a company that would come out to dry the carpet and pull it up to completely dry it. Most likely tomorrow if it's not mildew they will be able to spread it. If not, a new carpet would have to be ordered along with padding. We wouldn't be able to sleep in our bedroom and fans would have to be ran all night. I got a hold of a company and they said they would have some here in an hour. While I waited, I got towels to try to absorb as much as I could. This tool awhile and basically took all of our bath towels. This wasn't how I  planned for my Friday to be off. My wife came back and brought me the stuff.  I had already removed the broken pipe.

Lisa this won't take  long to do. I brought trash bags to take the wet towels to the laundry room. The carpet people should be here soo. They just drove up. Please let them in and take all the towels to be washed once I turn the water back on.

Lisa let them in and directed them to our master bedroom.

Mrs. Rizzoli you doing your own plumbing again we see.  Yes easy job and don't have to pay a plumber.

I was working on the pipe as I heard them pull up the carpet and padding to see if it was moldy.

I finished and turned and took my tools with me.

Mrs. Rizzoli we can save the carpet but this section will have to have to New padding.

Babe let's just get new carpet and padding.  We will leave the blowers here to dry the plywood. Lisa please call a moving company to move the furniture outside. I really don't want to hassle with it.

Lisa left and made a call. The men gave me their bill. They said they would return tomorrow to pick the blowers and than they left.

Jane I got a company they are on their way. Do you want me to go pick out carpet and padding and have someone come and take measurements of the room. I will take the measurements.  I will have you buy some extra square feet of both to be on the safe side. 

Jane took the measurements and I left to go to smaller flooring instead. I knew I would get better service and most likely get them to install it tomorrow  around ten.

I let the moving company men in and left.

Mam a Lisa Marcos called us to move the bedroom furniture outside.  Is that correct? Yes.  The safe will have to be moved too.

They started moving all the bedroom furniture on tarps.

I figured the weapons could be taken out once they left. It took them an hour to move everything out. I asked them to bill me. I would call later once my wife knew what time the installers would be here.  They even removed the carpet and padding for me and left it out front. I gave them cash for that work off the book. The man said if I gave him an extra 75.00 he would take the strips, padding and carpet to the dump.  I deposited the money via Zelle in his account. They left in an twenty minutes later.  I reset the blowers so the floor would dry and open the window.  It took me an extra forty five minutes to get all the guns and equipment out and into one of the guest rooms.

I took a break and was relaxing on the couch with a beer when Lisa returned.

Jane resting I see.  Yes I paid them extra to remove the tack strips, padding and carpet. I just finished putting all the guns and equipment in a guest room.  I told them I would call them once we knew the time of the installation would be. They can do it only because they had a cancelation.  They will be here at 8:30. Please call the movers. I need to turn off the automatic sprinklers so our bedroom furniture doesn't get ruined. I haven't started the towels. I will do that babe. I just want you to rest.
We still have to cut all the meat up like Nia told us. Lisa let's go out for dinner afterwards.  I will also need to take a shower.  Yes please do..

Jane gave me the finger and I laughed when calling the movers.