Damian Priest-We're Enough

Magsimula sa umpisa

The count stopped because Trish put her foot on the rope. The referee called rope break and let the match continue. You looked around shocked and full of anger. While you were arguing with the referee, Trish slipped out the ring, catching your attention.

You quickly went after her, noticing she was trying to go under the ring. You pulled her out, and put her back in the ring, but before you could enter your leg was yanked down, causing your face to hit the apron harshly.

You were then turned around and flipped in the air, face being met with a hard knee. You didn't have to look to know who it was. You knew that it was Zoey Stark from NXT 2.0 who just called to the main roster. She quickly threw you in the ring and Trish went for the pin.

"1 2 3"

*DING DING DING*

"Your winner of this match, Trish Stratus!"

Fans booed as Zoey and Trish celebrated. "Who's the 'old lady' now?" Zoey taunted, laughing as you laid there. "Just face it Y/n, you're nothing. You're not good enough to make it to the big league, so just stay with your trash team and fangirl over your boyfriend!"

Those words hit deep, especially coming from Trish. You've always looked up to her, hell the point of you starting to wrestle was because of Trish. You wanted to be just like her. Trish and Zoey left the ring, leaving you to sit there alone.

You slowly got up and waved at your fans, thanking them for staying with you in the journey. Even people who hated you felt bad. They could tell you were hurt, seeing tears blur your vision. You walked backstage and met with your team.

It was silent as you looked at the ground. "Y/n, I'm sorry I wasn't out there! I was gonna come, but-" You stopped Rhea's rant. "It's okay. It's not like I would've won with your help." You walked past them to the locker room.

"You did good. The fans loved you." Finn said, trying to cheer you up. "Yeah, but I didn't win." Finn frowned at your negativity. "We're still happy. You won in our eyes and that's all what matters."  You let out a huff of annoyance at Dominik's happy tone.

"Guys, you don't have to lie to me. I didn't win and no matter how much support I have or the amount of help I get, I'm not good enough. I'm nothing." Damian felt his whole world crash down at you saying those last two words. 'I'm nothing.'

Rhea was ready to say something, but Damian cut in. "I'll talk to her." Damian caught up to you as you sped walked to the locker room. "I swear if you guys don't leave me alone, I'll-" You stopped your sentence when you turned around. "Oh." You both stood there awkwardly, staring at each other.

You broke down completely, tears spilling from your eyes. Damian quickly grabbed you and pulled you in for a comforting hug. "Shh, it's okay. Let it all out." He gently held you, rocking you from side to side.

You calmed down slightly to where sniffles could be heard. "Come on, let's go to the couch." He guided you to the couch, sitting you down. "Look, I know you're upset, but it's okay. You did your best and I'm proud." You nodded your head at his statement.

"I love you and I want you to know that I don't care if you didn't win, and neither does the team. We're happy you got the opportunity." He couldn't finish his little speech when a knock came at the door. "Sorry to ruin your talk mate, but it's time for your match."

Damian placed a gentle kiss on your lips before standing up. "Go shower and once I get my title, you can hold it on our way to the hotel." You followed his instructions, going to wash up.

-

Same thing happened for Damian's match. He fought hard through the whole thing, but unfortunately you were in the shower for a while and missed half of the match, but you did see near the end.

Damian grabbed Seth by the neck and launched him into the corner, ready to charge at him, but Seth dodged.  Seth tried hitting him, but Damian reversed, setting him up for a Razors Edge, but his arm must've been too weak, causing him to drop Seth.

Seth hit him with a super kick, following a rolling elbow before hitting his famous curb stomp. Fans cheered loudly as he got the 3 count, retaining his title. Damian sat there like you, holding his head. He felt so disappointed in himself.

He didn't stick around for long, escaping the ring and going backstage. He instantly went to the locker room, pacing back and forth. "Who's going in there 'cause it sure ain't me." Dominik was the first to say. "Well I'm not either." Rhea said, turning to Finn. "Don't look at me, mate. I'm not going either!"

You brushed past them, opening the door. "Babe?" Damian's attention snapped to you. "Before you say anything, I know how it feels. I feel like I'm nothing." You sat next to him, holding his hand. "First I wanna say I'm proud of you, and even though you didn't win, you're still my champion."

Damian could hide the smile that came on his face. Even though he's upset, you always manage to make his day. "I know it's just, after all this time of doing nothing, I had one chance to be in the spotlight and I fucked it up."

You nodded your head in agreement, knowing how he felt. "I understand, but think about it babe. Who were the fans out there watching? Who were the fans showing respect to at the end? Who did WWE choose to fight tonight?" It was an easy answer. "Me."

"You know why?" He smiled once he figured what you were getting at. "Because you're enough. Hate or love you, that match would've never happened if it wasn't for you." He pulled you in for a kiss.

Pulling back, you rested your forehead against each other's. "You're enough." Damian was quick to correct you. "We're enough." He grabbed your hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

" He grabbed your hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze