Chapter 60

Jaden's POV

Last minute, Janay decided that she wanted to go to the set up with her friends. I'll be there as well but the kids are staying with my mom. They will be going to the funeral tomorrow though.

"Can't believe me a wear me auntie pon me shirt to rahtid" Janay sighed.

"If yuh no want go, just say the word and we stay home."

"It's fine, I want to go" she replied.

As we were driving to TG. I called Andre to ensure the place was govan, because me really can't take the fuckery tonight. 

"Did you find out who did it" Janay asked out of the blues.

"No babes, still a search fi answers but dem soon get wah come fi dem way whosoever  dem be" I half lied. I heard that the guy her aunt was dating was involved, not sure what the motive was but I'm going to find out. No one has seen him since the shooting but me a pray him show up tonight.

"The day of the shooting a car was trailing me, that's why I called you" she said.

"Eeh and yuh just a tell me that? What kind of car was it?"

"I don't remember" she replied.

When me really find out a wah gwan, me not even want nobody kill him. Me want do it myself.

"Me nuh want yuh a worry yourself bout that still, when me hear anything me make yuh know . That's if yuh want know."

"Yes me want know" she said.

Me know she woulda want know...

Janay love ask question like she a detective.

***

There was a large crowd when we pulled up at the yard.

People love dead yard enuh, dem just want know free food and rum a gi weh. Janay auntie maybe not even like half a dem people ya weh deh here because that lady keep to harself. 

I looked over at Janay who seemed to be in deep thoughts and was rubbing her hands together.

"Babe you okay?" I asked and she exhaled deeply.

"I'm having anxiety, are you sure it safe here?" she asked.

"We can go back home enuh, everything gov but..." I was saying but she cut me off.

"No just give me a minute to calm down" she said with her hands on her belly. She inhaled and exhaled a few times as I rub her thighs. I just know tomorrow will not be easy for her.

"Me ready now babe" she said and we exit the vehicle.

She went to stand with her friends and I walked over to where Andre and blacks was. 

"The boy show up yet?" I asked.

"No enuh, but man a patrol a look out fi him though, no worry yuh head. Some a di man dem yuh can't even see but dem deh ya" Blacks said. He is Timera's cousin.

"Ah kool."

I walked over to where Janay was to check on her, she was sitting down staring on what I don't know but She look so out of it and I could tell that she really don't want to here.

"Babe" I touched her shoulders and she jumped.

"You okay?"

"Can we leave soon?" she asked.