Chapter 42

Janay's POV

I woke up feeling aches and pains all over my body. Thankfully Shay never had school today, the teachers had a workshop. The kids were still sleeping soundly beside me. I got up and went into the bathroom, the bruises on my skin looked worst and my right eye was black and blue. I broke down in tears. I fucking hate Jaden...

I took a shower and then went downstairs to make breakfast for the kids. I wish they were not home with me right now because I'm really not in the mood to do anything. I haven't ate anything since yesterday and I have no appetite.

You have to eat, remember your eating for two. It's not just about you

I know I have to eat for the sake of the baby's development but at this point I wish I was not pregnant.

Speaking of which, I need to make an appointment to see the doctor today. After all the stress and trauma my body went through yesterday, I just want to ensure the baby is okay regardless. 

Shit...My doctor's number is stored in my phone, which is not working at the moment. Thanks to Jaden. I rolled my eyes.

While making breakfast, I remembered that Jaden bought me an iPad that could work with sim cards. I'll go and look for it when I'm finished. Mental note...

I went back to the room and Jace was awake, can you believe he was trying to wake up Shay as well. 

"Jace leave her alone" I said to him.

"Mommy no, sissy wakey up" he said in her ears.

Jace will definitely be the annoying brother I thought to myself.

I hope I'm having a little girl.

I went to the closet, to search for the iPad. Oh there it is, I found it in one of the drawers still in the box. I took it out and put it to charge, while looking for my phone to take out the sim card. I put the sim card in the iPad and power it on. I sat on the bed trying to set it up when Shay woke up.

"Auntie, where's daddy?" she asked yawning.

Sigh Jaden has never sleep out since we are together, only if he's travelling for business.

"He's not here" I told her.

"Will he be home soon?" she asked again

"Maybe. I'm not sure" I answered.

Tap ask me bout him no man. He is not one of my favorite persons right now.

I called my doctor and she told me I could come at 12pm today. I got the kids freshened up and they ate their breakfast. I called Jaden mom and told her I will be dropping them off to stay for the weekend. I just need some time alone and they keep asking me for their dad, which is kind of annoying. But I have to understand that he's always here with us especially in the morning.

I packed their bag and we left the house. I wore a long sleeve shirt so the bruises wouldn't be obvious and I put on my sunglasses. When we arrived at Jaden's parents house, she was watering her beautiful plants. 

"Grandma we're here" Shay shouted and ran to her.

"Gwanma" Jace said following behind Shay.

"Stop the running" I shouted after them.

These damn kids

"Good morning"  I said to her and she look at me surprisingly.

"Good morning, Are you okay" she asked concerned.