Chapter 6

Monday...

Auntie told me that I need to go to the doctor for a check up to ensure that me and the baby is okay so far, especially since I haven't been eating anything these days. Tea and crackers are the only thing I can actually eat without vomiting right after. 

Kacey said she will come along with me. Timera had to go to work.

....

The doctor told me that my blood pressure was high and I'm not suppose to be stressing because I can have a miscarriage or go into pre mature labor in future. He gave me a prescription for some pre natal vitamins and medicine in case I have stomach burn. I should do an ultra sound to know how far along I am and my due date. I'll schedule that for next week

After we left the doctor's office, we made a stop at Island Grill to get food. I was hungry but only felt for fries. We bought the stuff at the pharmacy then went home.

My mom called as I was entering the house, "yuh auntie tell me wah gwan wid yuh, but why yuh did fraid fi tell me?" she asked.

"Mommy because your my mom, I just never felt comfortable telling you. It's weird" I said

"Your an adult Janay and you've made me proud. Me excited bad, me ago turn granny and me can't wait fi shop fi the baby" she said.

We talked for a little bit because I was telling her about the whole Alex situation. 

"Gimme di crasis boy number mek I call him and class him" she argued.

"No man make him stay, fi him time soon come" I told her.

...

Kacey phone started to ring and her face lit up.

Look like such man a call har.

Me need fi ask har bout him though, because she gwan like she don't like him but yet still she been entertaining him for a while now.

"Kacey so when we ago meet him and what's his name by the way?" I asked.

"His name is Andre and you guys will meet in due time" she said.

"Ok anything yuh say, it seems like this one have potential" I said

"Yes he's cool, always checking up on me, ensuring I'm good, pick me up and drop me off at school, him treat me nice can't lie" she replied.

"That's nice though, I like that for you friend" I said

At least one of us happy. I thought to myself.

....

I made an appointment to go up by UWI to register for their Antenatal Clinic so I can deliver my baby there. The appointment is Friday morning and I have to do the ultrasound on Thursday.

I wanted an orange juice, so I decided to go to the shop because none was in the house. While walking I saw this girl name Sash, she don't like me for whatever reason and some other girls. As I walk pass, I could hear them whispering loud enough so I can hear.

"Look how she a hype over the boy and him lef har fi a next gyal" I hear sash say.

"And me hear say she a breed enuh, like she think that can hold man" One of the girl add. 

I just hold my head straight because they have nothing better to do.

Just in time, I heard someone saying "Sash you suck hood, like dawg and no stop dash weh belly and u deh here a talk bout my fren. You tasha memba you did a hype bout the money man and now the man nah look pon yuh. Leave my fren alone because I will fuck unu up" Timera said.