Chapter 47

Who's here?

Jaden's POV

From the night I took Kelly to the Air bnb, she has been calling me non-stop.

See why me no normally do the relationship thing wid certain woman. Some a dem gyal ya a just living crasis.

Today is the opening for Andre's club and I'm also going to have lunch with Jody. She called me saying she wanted to talk to me about something. Knowing Jody, she just want inna me presence. I haven't seen her since I decided to take things serious with Janay.

Janay...Tsk Tsk

I've sent lunch to her work place everyday and the b don't even send a message fi say thank you or make me know say she get it. I even paid Jace's lunch money for the month and me know the teacher must tell har. Jah Jah  The last time I saw her was when I dropped off her phone at the house, but she was sleeping.

I don't even know if she is still pregnant, after all we are not on speaking terms right now. So she can use that as an excuse to get an abortion. Let me not overthink too much because it's only going to anger me.

She might show up at Andre's club opening tonight, so I'll see if she's still pregnant or not.

I left my office at lunch time and met up with Jody at a local restaurant. She came dressed in a short black spaghetti strap dress and immediately I know what she was up to. I looked at her from head to toe and she smirked.

"Hey Jaden" she said.

"Weh ya gwan wid?" 

"I'm here looking at you the better one" she said.

"So you called me here to have small talks?"

"Jay I miss you" she pouted her lips.

"So from dem time deh until now, yuh no find a next man?" 

"Really Jay?" she asked.

"Yes really. Answer the question" 

"None a dem compares to you" she sighed.

"Jody yuh know me have me woman right? 

Which woman yuh no see Janay done wid yuh my subconscious teased.

"How can I possibly forget. When you keep reminding me" she rolled her eyes.

"So weh yuh want from me then? 

"Me just want some a yuh time, we can be friends enuh. Yuh no affi gwan like we a enemies" she said.

"If me did a pree yuh like me enemy, me wouldn't deh ya so" 

"Yuh just fulla chat, anyways me see Andre a open up club tonight, me might pass through" she said.

"Oh kool" 

We had small talks while we ate our food. Then I got a call from my assistant that I was needed at the office urgently. Shit and I wanted to go to the barber before I went back to the office. Oh well dat affi wait till later. I told Jody I had to leave. She was upset but what can I do?  Work is important. I gave her $30,000 to pay for the food. It's more than enough but I just really couldn't bother with all the unnecessary talking and whining. She shut up and smile once she saw how much money it was and I got up and left...

Typically women...I shake my head.

Sitting in this long ass meeting all because an investor wanted to pull out of a deal based on some petty bullshit. Thank God we came to an agreement because I was about to tell him off and not in a subtle way. They can be so annoying at times I know they have millions at stake but these are people that I've been doing business with for years.