Chapter 4

Monday

Kacey and I leave out at the same time. She had class up at UWI and I was heading to school. I had mostly theory classes today and I'm grateful because I was definitely not in the mood. 

As I was leaving school a text came in from Alex.

Alex: Babe sorry I missed your calls, they call me back on duty Saturday evening.

Me: *video attachment*  this is what you call on duty Alex, lock dung wid gyal?!! A this JDF a pay you fi do now? 

Alex: B just easy that's not me.

Me: Alex me look like idiot to you, just stay wid u gyal and leave me alone.

Alex: Ok

Tell you how the dirty boy stay, him just nonchalant and no care about nobody feelings. Really affi a wonder if him was always like this, because love woulda really blind fi true.

Days become weeks, weeks became months and I haven't seen or heard from Alex.

A Month later

Had some exams at school because I was going on summer break and would return September. The break was needed, these days I've been feeling so tired and lackadaisical. 

After school I remember I was suppose to make a stop at the supermarket so I went to Hi-Lo, took up some snacks and toiletries. As I reached the aisle that had the Sanitary napkins and panty liner, it dawned on me that my period was late. Like more than a week late. Instantly I start to worry.

I headed to the pharmacy after I cashed the few groceries. I'm praying I wasn't pregnant and my period cycle was just changing because I've been a bit stressed over the whole break up with me and Alex. 

I bought three pregnancy test and took them when I got home, I had my own bathroom, so I left them on the counter, wash my hands then went in my room to eat my cereal. 

When I finished eating and went back in the bathroom, faith was definitely not working in my favor today. All three was positive, I sit down on the bathroom floor and started to cry. Like why now, me and Alex aren't even together. This was really bad timing, but one thing abortion was the last thing on my mind.

Days have gone by...

My phone was off, I barely slept, barely ate anything, never even left my room. Just in this dark room with my thoughts. At times I think it would've been better if I wasn't alive anymore, I was soo depressed and to top it off I was sick everyday. I felt and look awful, cant even look at myself in the mirror. 

My door was knocking and I just know a Auntie, the lady must a wonder how she no see me. " Lil girl you alive a days now me no see you, me hear you bathroom shower though so me know you in there" Auntie said. I never answered though, I got up took a shower and charge my phone its been off since I found out I was pregnant,

I got dressed and went to look for Auntie, she was in her room watching TV. When she saw me, the first thing she could say was "Oh God Janay what happened." I told her I was pregnant but Alex and I weren't together anymore. She got up and hugged me because I started to cry again.

 "Auntie I'm afraid to tell mommy and I've been so sick, I might have to stop school until after I have baby," I said to her.

 "I will handle your mother, furthermore your a grown woman and you have your own space. You don't pressure no one and your a trying ambitious girl. So things will be okay," she said.

When I went back to my room and turn on my phone, I got about 15 missed calls from Kacey, 10 from Timera, 5 from my mom and some from other number I don't know. Some WhatsApp messages came in as well...

Tim: Gyal you no see me a call yuh.

Tim: Me see Alex and d gyal dung a him yard

Tim: I  want fight him and har u see, just say the word. Damn crasis him be

Tim: Janay!!! Are you okay? why your not answering your phone

Kacey Messages

Kacey: Are you okay? Haven't heard from you in a while which is weird.

Kacey: Tim said she's been calling you too, and came by your house but never saw you.

Kacey: Girl what happen to your phone?

Kacey: Me def a come there tomorrow fi see if yuh good.

I never replied. 

I've decided to send a text to Alex to let him know that I was pregnant.

He was online on WhatsApp

Me: Hey I have something I want to tell you. 

Alex: What is it?

Me: I'm pregnant

Alex: And?!!!!

Me: It's yours

Alex: Oh really, well I'm not ready for a child and  I've moved on, so do whatever you want to do with it. 

I couldn't even reply.

Hurt was an understatement, I couldn't find the words to explain how I'm feeling right now. It's like Alex took my heart out of my chest and stomped all over it. Like literally that's how I felt. I crawled back in bed and cried the entire night, couldn't even sleep. Honestly can't believe I'm going to be a single mom.

We're at the end of another chapter. I do hope you guys are liking the book so far. 

Please remember to vote