Chapter 59

Janay's POV

A month later...

The past few weeks have been the one of the worst time of my life. What keeps me going is knowing how much my kids need me and I have to try my best to be strong because of my pregnancy, even though on somedays I just want to break down and cry.

I was in the hospital for a week and then the doctor ordered me to be on bed rest for a month. Jace is his usual self, Shay however was a bit shaken up and had to get professional counseling.

Everyone is literally walking on egg shells around me. I think it is because I haven't cried since the whole incident and I barely talk to anyone. Most days I'm just in the room sleeping or watching TV. Jaden has been patient with me though and he's been holding things down perfectly. His mom come over now and then to help out, especially when Jaden have to be at work. We moved back to his house by the way, not sure what I'll do with my apartment as yet and Jaden is planning to get a bigger house.

My business is still doing great, thanks to Jaden, my friends and my assistant. I on the other hand is not doing so well, as much as it seems like I am. There's not a day that goes by, where I don't think about my aunt. She was like a mother to me and the last memory I have of her was she and my son laying in a pool of blood.

Like how am I ever going to get over that?

I never even got the chance to tell her one last time that I love her.

It's so fucked up.

I'm trying to find the tears, but they won't come out.

Is there something wrong with me?

Are my tears finished? Me mada use to tell me say me cry too much and me soon run out a tears enuh.

Or I just haven't come to terms that she's really dead.

"Babe, babe" I felt my leg shaking. I was leaning on the headboard with my eyes closed. When I opened my eyes Jaden was staring into my soul.

"You okay?" he asked.

"Yes I am" I sighed.

"I know your not and it's okay not to be okay. Cry, scream and let it out. Your bottling up your feelings and it's not healthy" he said.

I sat at the edge of the bed, he was now standing between my legs. He hugged me and kissed me on my forehead.

"I'm okay once your here."

He's my safe place.

"Look at me" he said lifting my chin.

"I'll do whatever it takes to protect you and my kids. Love yuh enuh" he said as he kissed my lips.

"I love you too babe, where are the kids?" I asked.

"My mom is getting them ready, to take them to her house. My dad been asking for them" he replied.

"Okay"

"Have you eaten?" he asked.

"Yes I ate some pasta earlier."

"Okay I'm going to take a shower and come chill with you" he said as he walked to the bathroom.

What I would do without this man?

***

There was a knock on the bedroom door and then the kids barged in.

"Hey. They came to say bye" Jaden mom said.

"Bye mommy" Jace said as he climbed up on the bed to kiss me on the cheek.