Dreams Equal Pain

Today I find out whether or not I can play football with my Cancer. I hope I can but I am more scared on how long I get. Though last week we found out that the three years has expanded and I do have longer than three years to live.

They don't know and approximate but they know it's longer than three which did put an ease on us. I am not going to the hospital to find out this stuff. I am just going to get an email telling me. So yes right now we are all sat gathered in the living room.

They said the email will be sent at 3pm and it is five to so we are waiting for this email. Football is the most important thing to us apart from our heath so this is scary and exciting. "You think you'll get to?" Pedri asks and I shrug. "I don't know but I hope.

"We all do." Pablo said. "It's special that you play." My father adds. Emmie's out at a friends house so this was easier because no I haven't told her and I don't plan on it till I feel like I can't keep it from her anymore.

We heard the ding. "Message!" Pedri yelled. He's been watching too much love island that boy. "Email shithead." Pablo rolled his eyes shoving him. "Enough." I said taking my phone from my pocket.

"Macie Gacría,

You can absolutely play football for another three years before we start your treatment. We only recently found out that we had caught your cancer very early which gives us and you enough time to prepare for the treatment."

We all got up and started jumping around in a circle squealing. "Ohhh I can't believe it!" I squealed. "Best day of our life's!" Pedri added. "We caught it early!" Pablo yelled. "We sure did!" My father added as we all then laughed.

"Oh this is so good. I'm so happy. Three more years of football." Though it hit me. Three years means only two seasons.. I started shaking my head and crying. "Three years.. isn't enough! This is my dream! Becoming a pro."

Pablo's face dropped as he then kneeled down next to me who had dropped to the floor. "Don't be silly." He said. "You're already a pro." Pedri added. I took a few deep breathes wiping my eyes and crying. "This is painful." I said. "Dreams Equal Pain Macie. They always will." My fathers explained.

This had gone through my so much. Football was all I could ever think of as a little girl and just like that the whole entire thing is shattered and theirs not a thing anyone can do to fix it? I wrapped my arms around Pablo's neck and cried into his shoulder. "I don't want to die."

                               Pablo's POV

Her head was into my shoulder as she spoke the words. "I don't want to die." These words shattered me. I felt everything inside me snap. I didn't want her to die either but I knew from these moments forward everything we do will be so special.

I held her close to me while she cried. I wanted to be there for her everyday for as long as she has left. Pedri is her biggest supporter as he's been through it before with her mother but she's my girlfriend and without her what am I.

A lost cause. When Macie and I broke up while she was at Manchester my entire life broke down. I moved back in with my parents after a long time, my father took me to training and to my games. Though I had nothing to do when I was alone.

I was usually with her I was never alone so that's when I realised that I am genuinely alone and there's nothings I can do. Football was my escape from reality and I am sure it forever will be so I understand her when she says three years isn't enough because it's not.

She has training in around an hour so I helped her shower, get ready without her breaking down again because I didn't want that for her, the last few years of her life to be so hurtful because she doesn't know whether she's going to die next year or tomorrow.

"Pablo I don't know If I want to go.." She said. "I know trust me I get it but I will be there watching you from the stands with Pedri." I replied with my hand placed against her lower back. Macie took a deep breath then turning to look at me. "Thank you." I kissed her forehead.

"Anytime." I got Macie down staied eventually to get her into the car as Pedri and I are refusing to leave her alone we're heading off to training with her. "Just think positive." I say as she nods. "Think positive." She agrees.

Macíe's POV

I don't want to go but I know I will be just fine once i'm there. I'm not planning on telling anyone anything In just know that I have to stay strong and I will get there.

I leant my head against the door of the car closing my eyes just listening to the music and the sound of the car going along the road. "Mais, we're here." Pedri said.

I got out of the car with the two of them making my way to the pitch Alexia spotted my and made her way towards me immediately. "Macie!" She smiled as she gave me a hug. "Hey you." I said hugging her back.

The boys made their way to the stands to take their seats as Alexis and I walked to the changing room. "What's been going on you look down?" She asked. "Hm? Ohh No no nothing, just tired that's all."

She wasn't convinced but I wasn't ready to spit out the news to so many people yet as it's still early days and who knows what could happen within these times.

————————————————————-

3 chapters 😮😮😮