Game Day

I woke up the next morning to a knock at my bedroom door. I sat up pulling pieces of my hair out of my mouth pulling at my top. Shit I fell asleep with my clothes on.

"Garcia get up I'll meet you downstairs in five minutes." I groaned and raised my brow wondering why it was Pablo and not Pedri.

I stood up as I put on different clothes to then put my hair up into a high ponytail. I walked out of my bedroom and down the stairs to see only Pablo and my father at the bottom of the steps.

I looked around for Pedri and then I just hoped he would walk down the stairs in a few minutes so I slid my boots into my boot bag and then I put on my shoes.

"You ready?" My father asked me but my eyes wandered back to the stairs before I let out a sigh. "He isn't coming.. is he?" Pablo placed his hand onto my shoulder and shook his head.

I then nodded taking a deep breath then turning towards the door. "I'm ready." My father opened the door and me and Pablo walked out just after one another and I got into my fathers car.

It bothered me that I wouldn't have Pedri nor Laila at my first game it did hurt. I shrug it off as Pablo's hand reached over his index finger stroking along my forearm. It calmed me again and I didn't know why.

I was in the back due to my father picking up one of his friends. I looked over to Pablo he gave me a small smile as I gave him one back.

We got to the stadium around twenty minutes later. Pablo tapped my forearm twice before I got out the car and my father gave me a good luck.

I closed the car door walking inside the stadium. Alexia found me as I walked in and she walked up to me sliding her arm through mine. "You excited." I sighed as we walked closer to the changing room. "No.. Pedri isn't watching."

She looked towards me and blocked the door with her arm. "Why not? What happened?" I leaned myself against the wall. "Pablo and I caught him and my best friend last night."

Alexia sighed then she nodded. "We will play this game for you and your feelings hm?" I liked the idea so I nodded as we both walked into the changing room.

I put on my socks, shin pads, shorts and my top with my number 30 shirt. I realised the number then I looked over at Alexia who gave me a wink I then chuckled and shook my head slipping it over my head. With that I was ready.

Alexia and I walked down the stairs and onto the pitch together we walked out clapping as I looked towards the front seats at the other side to look for Pedri but he wasn't there and it was Gavi, my father and his friend.

My eyes wandered to behind the goals to look for Laila and she was here. I looked away as she saw me and I smiled a little to my self as everyone cheered for us. I ran into my position for the kick off to start.

We kicked off my eyes wandering everywhere the ball went it got up front as it was kicked over to me, I ran through the defence with the ball at my feet I got close enough to the goal for me to kick it into the net.

As the ball hit the back of the net I ran then slid onto my knees clapping my hands at the crowds I knew this wouldn't be my forever celebration but it'll do till I figure it out. I stood up to my team mates jumping on me and hugging me.

Then one thing caught my eye as I was walking back to my position on the pitch. Pedri was in his seat next to Pablo. This gave me more hope to carry on the game so then the next thing I know of it the ball was at my feet again having me run up the pitch and kick the ball directly into that goal again.

I ran once again this time seeing Gavi and Pedri cheer together hugging one another from them being proud. I hugged Alexia tight as she realised Pedri was in his chair.

We walked back to the pitch having no more goals scored throughout the first half, I drunk my water wanting to get back onto that pitch so after the fifth teen minutes were up I ran back onto that pitch again clapping my hands.

Alexia scored a goal in the second half meaning it was already three goals for us. The game ended while we celebrated our win in the changing rooms jumping and singing football songs.

"First game and I'm actually proud of you. I guess number thirty does you and and Pablo well." I laughed taking my shirt over my head slipping my clothes back on. "It was a good game Alexia."

She smiled as we walked outside as I was cheered by my father. He wrapped his arms tightly around me telling me over and over again on how proud of me he was of me. I let go of my father to then wrap my arms around Pablo. His chin against my head as he held me tighter than anyone ever had I closed my eyes with my head pressed against his chest. He places his lips against the top of my head and I felt his lips
curve into a smile. "Well done García." I chuckled as I pulled away.

I turned to Pedri who has looked like he had been crying so then I pulled him into a hug as well. "It's okay. I'm sorry. He shook his head holding his arms around me. "No l'm sorry." I smiled as I looked up to him and again pulled away. "It's okay."

———————————————————————-

it's gonna take us a little longer to forgive Laila but Pedri's more than a cousin has like a brother so he was easier.

Love ya!! <3