The Family Meal

I was in the car with my father driving to one of our usual family meals but this one is a celebration. My only problem is that this celebration is for me I was recently signed to FC Barcelona Femeni.

If you didn't know my family come from a long line of footballers, my cousin being Pedri Gonzalez who himself plays for the Barcelona Men's team. Anyway, as we reached this fancy Italian restaurant, I stepped out the car being swarmed with the paparazzi my father took my arm and led me inside of the restaurant.

I was welcomed by my family members as they sat at the table last by my cousin Pedri and this other boy he had brought with him. "Macie, I'm more than proud of you!" He let out a small smile wrapping his arms around me.

"Thank you Pedri, but is this you telling us you've came out the closet?" I laughed a little as my eyes wandered over the boy net to him. "Oh! No. Macie this is Pablo, he also plays for Barcelona." Pedri laughed stepping aside for the boy to get his own word in.

"Garcia, hey it's an honest pleasure to finally meet you. Pedri's told me all about you!" I raised my brow glaring slightly at Pedri wondering what he has said about me. Wondering why this boy was calling me by the surname. "It's lovely to meet you also." I smiled and I took my seat at the table.

I had Pablo on my right and Pedri on my left both with menus in their hands. I was speaking to my nan while she told me about how this football stuff will ruin me but that's just my nan, she told Pedri the same a few years back. "It didn't ruin the boys nan I promise I will be okay.

Pablo had placed his menu down in front of him though my eyes ended up staring at his hands and the way they were clenched around the menu, Pedri saw my eyes on his friend and elbowed me in the ribs and I groaned giving him a glare.

As our food came the waiter smiled at my family everytime he placed a plate down, what does he want? A tip? I laughed to myself having Pablo notice with his eyebrow slightly raised. I looked up at him raising my own "What?"

The boy laughed and shook his head digging into his food in front of him, I then rolled my eyes pushing my fork into my pasta.

Soon enough it was time to leave due to having my first interview tomorrow with the Barcelona managers for both the men and woman's team I'm pretty nervous about it.

My father and I walked towards the door with Pedri and Pablo close behind us. "I will pick you up first thing in the morning Macie." I smiled towards Pedri then giving him a hug, Pablo then smiled towards me and nodded.

"Goodluck Garcia, I'm sure I'll see you soon." He placed a kiss on both of my cheeks then walked out of the restaurant with Pedri. Again the last name but who is this man and why is he so gorgeous!

In the car on the way home my dad looked at me and began laughing shaking his head. "So Pablo Gavi then?" I turned to him with a shocked look on my face and my hand against my chest at where my heart should be.

"You're absoloutly horrible for assumisng that! No! Father no." I laughed and turned my head to look through the window.

--------------------------------------------------------

I woke up the next orning changing into a black bodycon dress with a slit in the leg that my mother had worn to her first interview. I picked up the photo of my mother and brought it to my chest as a tear rolled down my cheek. "This is for you mama."

I turned as I saw Pedri leaned against my door frame he had a sad look on his face a small pout falling from his lips. He walked towards me and took the photo from my hands and placed it back where it was before. "She's proud of you."

That's all I needed to hear I wiped the tear from my face as I added a last clip into my hair to keep it up then I smiled. "I'm ready."

Pedri slid my arm through his own and walked me down the stairs of my home as we got to the bottom my father stood there with a tear falling down his cheek though quickly wiping it away. "Macie darling. You look just like her."

I smiled and wrapped my arms around the waist of my father. "Thank you papa, but I best get going!" He nodded placing a kiss onto my forehead. "Goodluck, I love you." I told him I loved him then I walked outside to have Pablo standing in front of me.

"Goodmorning Garcia" I turned to Pedri and rolled my eyes. "When he said he would see me soon I didn't think you meant the next day!" I signed and smiled towards Pablo as I got into the Limo. "Morning Gavira" I saw the way his jaw clenched at the last name and I smirked taking my seat.

--------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading I honestly hope you like it!!!