Epilogue 2

Please comment, it helps my motivation more than you know.
Enjoy...

Lilian's POV•

"Ah, you're going to have so much fun, but I'll miss you, girl," Grace said giving me a big hug.

"I'll miss you too, it's only a week," I reassure her.

I am leaving for something very exciting...

The 2024...NHL DRAFT!!

I originally didn't think I would be able to go with finals coming up but I decided that in 20 years I'll regret not going to do something like study.

And this is possibly the biggest moment in Chase's life, I wouldn't want to miss it even if I had a hundred tests.

"Ok, go you're going to miss your flight," she said pushing me towards the door.

"I'm going, I'm going," I sigh walking out the door.

"See you in a week," she rolls my suitcase, I take the handle and pulling it to me gently.

I make my way down to the lobby and straight into the Uber I had booked earlier today.

Looking back at the school memories of the past months start flashing through my head.

I've been really lucky so far, with Grace, school and everything.

Living with Grace has been amazing, we got super close super fast. Even though we're not in the same classes, sometimes we just go sit in the park or a random cafe and study for hours together.

Most of the time we're very productive, other times we end up talking the whole time and not doing any work.

But that's fine, it's called balance. As long as I'm passing my classes and not dying everything is ok.

My phone buzzes from my pocket, I pull it out to see a text from Chase, he is meeting me at the airport later, obviously.

Chase<3: See you soon gorgeous.

A small blush and smile makes its way onto my face as a reread the text over.

We've been together for a long time and those butterflies haven't left.

I send him a quick text back saying I'm on my way to the airport.

~~

Luckily,

The plane ride from Victoria to Vancouver is incredibly short, it feels like the second you take off the pilot is announcing to prepare for landing.

Chase and I haven't seen each other in a while so I'm beyond excited to see him.

Sitting down on the worn dark blue seat I sigh, breathing in stale airplane air, I have the isle seat so that's good and there's a young couple in the seats to my right.

Once everyone is seating the plane backs up and starts down the runway,

Breathe...

"In and out," I whisper with hardly any volume, to myself.

When everything settled I spend the rest of the flight reading a book Chase had gotten me last Christmas.

"Cabin crew, prepare for landing," the captain's monotone voice announced over the speaker system.

The flight attendants come around telling people to raise their tray tables and put their seats in the upright position.

Without bumping arms with the girl beside me I wiggle back on my sweater that I had taken off since the temperature in this airplane is at least a million degrees.