Chapter 22

•Chase's POV•

Shawn called earlier and asked where Lili and I went, I briefly explained what happened not to want to reveal everything that happened in case she didn't want everyone to know.

Let's just say I have never seen him so mad; he never gets this mad about anything let alone anybody.

His dad is close friends with someone that owns some big companies around town, so I asked him for a favour, and he happily obliged.

As much as I wanted to kick Cole's ass for what he did to Lili, she needed me here with her right now, he can wait.

And trust me he will get what he deserves.

I made Lili food hoping she would eat something all she had today was the Starbucks I got her this morning, she didn't want it, which is understandable after what she just went through.

After her last panic attack, I borrowed a book from my mom's office about them and how to help someone going through one.

I had hoped she wouldn't have one again, but I was wrong, they looked like they are triggered by social situations and people.

When she ran out of the class, I jumped up to follow her.

~Flashback~

"Where are you going," Summer asked as I went to follow Lili,

"I-um-Have to go," I reply.

"Go find her already," she encourages.

"Mr. Taylor, where do you think you're going?" Ms. Hill asked stopping me by the door.

"I have to leave," I explain coldly.

"You do not get just leave whenever you please," She responded.

"Actually, I can, and I will, Now excuse me," I say in the 'sweetest' tone of voice.

"You may not speak to me in that manner," she says shocked at my comment.

"Goodbye," I say moving to the door and away from her.

"If you walk out that you will be receiving detention for a week," she warned.

"A whole week, wow," I say taking a dramatic step out of the door frame before running down the hallway Lili went down.

Ms. Hill is usually a chill teacher, but I guess she was having a bad day.

Not my problem especially when Lili is in trouble.

My eyes scan the hallway till they find Lili curled up on the ground by one of the lockers shaking and crying.

My heart dropped out of my chest at the sight of her I ran to her and brought her into my arms.

I tried to get her to breathe with me or count what she can see or smell, I read that can help bring people back faster when they are having a panic attack.

She was too far gone in herself for that to help we just had to wait it out.

I hated her being in pain,

I hated not being able to help her,

I hated that I can't kill the person who did this to her.

~Flashback ended~

"Lili, sweetheart do you want to go somewhere with me," I whispered to her as she rested in my arms.

"Where?" she whispered.

"A special place, my grandma used to take me there when she still lived here," I reply.

"Sure," she says slowly lifting herself out of my arms, she looks exhausted she probably tired herself out.

We get into my car and start driving there,

"Where are we going," Lili asked looking out the window.

"Somewhere...it's a surprise," I hint.