Chapter 13

Lilian's POV
*slight cringe warning*

Hot chocolate

He remembered all the little detail about it too I probably told him when I was rambling about something.

I do talk a lot when I am nervous, especially during awkward silence I just feel the need to ask random questions.

"Do you like it?"

I took a long sip of the drink and swished it around in my mouth pretending I was a judge on a cooking show. "This is the best hot chocolate I have ever had"

"Glad you like it, want to go walk around a bit?" He asks leading me to the door we came in through.

"Sure"

"Are you still cold?" He asks looking down at me with a bit of worry in his eyes.

"No, I'm good this is warming me up already," I say wrapping both hands around my drink relishing in the warmth of the cup.

"Thank you"

"For what" I laugh "I haven't done anything," I say

"I don't know, you j-" He started saying before pausing.

"Chase, OMG what a coincidence seeing you here." A voice screeched from behind us, we both turned to see a short dirty blonde hair girl running down the sidewalk toward us.

"Fucking hell" Chase mumbles under his breath as the girl approaches us.

"It's so funny seeing you here, I was just going to get a latte when I saw you," the girl says, clearly she didn't see me or didn't bother to acknowledge that I was standing right beside him.

"I was just playing fortnight with some of the guys and they all started making fun of me, can you tell them to not call me short anymor-"

"What do you want" Chase interrupts her incessant voice. I don't even know her but she's the biggest "pick me" I have ever met.

"Just to catch up with my best friend, I feel like I haven't seen you in forever we should totally hang out, I think some of the guys are getting together for a guy's night," she whines.

"There's a reason why we don't see each other" he grumbles "now we're leaving," he says grabbing my hand gently.

I guess she finally noticed me because I was getting the biggest death glare of all time.

"Wait who the fuck are you," she says to me acting all tough.

This makes Chase stop and whip his head back around at her.

"Don't you ever speak to her that way and it's none of your fucking business, now goodbye," he says turning back around and walking away with my hand still in his.

"I'm sorry about her she shouldn't have talked to you that way," he says once we walk out of her earshot.

"she's this girl who has been obsessed with hanging out with me and the other guys from the team for as long as I can remember" he adds once he sees the confusion written all over my face.

"What's her name?" I question.

"Trillium or Tessa, honestly I have no idea but I think it starts with a T," He says. "She doesn't even go to our school anymore, she transferred last year because her dad got a big fancy job in Toronto but I guess she's back," he added.

"Why didn't you tell her my name? I ask him.

"Because someone like her doesn't deserve to have your name in her nasty little bitch mouth" he states like it was obvious.