Chapter 27

Lilian's POV

"May I please get a grande ice vanilla latte,"

"Is that everything for you today?"

"Yes, thank you."

"Pull up to the next window, please."

I ended up sleeping past my alarm this morning and rushing out of the house, hence why I had stopped to get coffee.

Today I have chemistry first block, which means a quiz, fantastic.

"Sweetheart,"

"Pumpkin," I joke in the same soft tone as Chase helps me out of my car.

"Ready for the test today," I ask when he takes my binder out of my arms to hold.

"What test?"

"The chem test we have in-," I paused to dramatically check the nonexistent watch on my wrist "twenty minutes," I finish.

"What's it on at least?" he asked.

"That organic chemistry stuff was where you have a picture, and you have to name it with those special names then change the ending to make the other thing," I explain.

"That was a great explanation, I definitely know what that is," he mumbles sarcastically.

"Oh, whatever," I say gently slapping his bicep.

"HELLO, MY PARENTS," Shawn yelled walking up to us.

I give him a small smile; Chase however sends him one of his world-famous glares.

"Do you want to know what I heard," Shawn beamed.

"Ooh, what?" I questioned.

"A new girl is coming today," he said excitedly.

"How could you possibly know that already," Chase chirped.

"I have lots of friends who talk," he stated confidently.

"Sure, you do buddy," Chase jokes.

"Do you want to know where she's from?" he asked with the same level of excitement he had a moment ago. I just nod my head telling him to continue.

"England!" He squeals. "From what part I'm not sure but I'll have that info by the second block," he added.

"That's exciting I hope I have a class with her, and that she's nice," I say.

The bell rings and I pull Chase away "Let's go," I say to Chase.

"Ok," he replies placing his hand on the small of my back and leading me toward our class.

"Good morning class," the teacher announced from the front of the class.

"Today we are welcoming a new student, everyone says hello to Emma, I trust you will all make her feel welcome," She continues.

A few whispers start up, all people speculating what she will look like, be like, and just random facts about her.

"Ahh, Ms. Hill, perfect timing I brought Emma for you," Mr. Buck says showing up at the door.

"Hello," it's very nice to meet you, my name is Ms. Hill," she says greeting the girl.

Emma had shoulder-length straight brown hair, she looked tall maybe 5'8, and she had what looked like three piercing on each ear all filled with small simple diamond studs.

Overall, she was very pretty.

A group of boys sitting near the back of the class can be heard agreeing with my thoughts.